Ch.50

"I don't even know who you are, all I know is that I fucking hate you," I yelled. Not even caring about my language as I glare at the man from before. "Hey it's not my fault, I'm just doing my job~" He said smoothly.

He brought up a chair and sat in front of us. He pointed at Kurapika and smiled, "You shouldn't be scared, he's familiar with me." I looked back at the blonde and buried my nose in the crook of his neck.

How do you know him, Kurapika? "I'll be watching you two while they get here," he explained. I looked around the room and noticed a stack of boxes. "What's that?" I asked. He looked over and smiled.

"It's my invention, I wanted to use it on you two as restraints," he said proudly. I rolled my eyes and looked back at the boxes. "What is it?" I asked again. He walked towards them and grabbed a box.

Now returning to his seat. "Bungee Gum, possesses the properties of both rubber and gum~" he explained. "And what does it necessarily do?" my questions at least trying to distract him as I cut Kurapika's hands free.

"Well it can be used for anything, if you want it as a snack it's like infinity gum, use it as a jump rope, fix holes, rope, etcetera!" This guy is seriously excited about it? I fake smiled and looked at the door.

"I need to use the restroom," I said calmly. His smile soon molded into a serious expression as he grabs a bucket and throws it in front of me. "There you go~" he said smugly. "Can I have some privacy," I said blankly now looking at the bucket with disgust.

"Why of course," he said lowly and exited the room. I waited and heard the door lock shut. I let out a sigh and stood up from my spot. Now dragging Kurapika away from the wall.

I grabbed the bucket and brought it up slightly. I'm sorry Kurapika, please forgive me. I brought my hand up and forcefully smacked him. I slammed the bucket down at the same time to mask the noise.

His eyelids fluttered open and he looked up at me. I brought him up to my chest and held him against me. My embrace feeling warm. Before he could speak I looked at his feet. The duct tape still there.

"I'll stand you up, as soon as you're up forcefully squat down fast," I instructed. I held his hand and struggled to keep him up straight. He then went down and freed himself. The sound of the tape ripping off made me stand still.

"He'll be here soon," I whispered. Kurapika grabbed my hand and led me around the room. It looked as if he were inspecting something. "I'll get us out of here," he said reassuringly. I squeezed his hand and stayed behind him.

"It looks like there's no weapons in here," he said quietly. The walls looking old and the floor had grime. "There's something called Bungee Gum, it could help us," I pointed out. He looked at the small boxes and grabbed a pack.

"Bungee Gum," he said slowly. I nod my head and grab the package from his hands. Now inspecting the wrapping paper I looked at the directions. So just like chewing normal gum. I grabbed a piece and placed it on my tongue.

"Don't do anything, we still don't know if it's safe," he said alarmed. I looked at him and quickly chew it. His eyes widened and he placed his hand on my lips. His fingers trying to pry my mouth open as I kept it shut.

"It tastes like normal Bubble Gum," I whispered. I removed the gum from my mouth and walked towards the door. Spreading the gum across the bottom. "Help me chew the rest," I said in a hurry.

Wrapper after wrapper we both chewed and sealed the doors cracks. By now I was chewing the last piece and was jamming the door knob. "Let's hope it works," I said tiredly. My jaw sore.

"Now that we successfully locked ourselves inside, what do you plan on doing," he asked. I looked at the walls and rubbed my hands on my clothes. "Well we could break ourselves free," I suggested.

"But there's no tools," he stated. I groaned and kicked the wall. A hole in the shape of my foot was there. "I found a solution," I joked. He looked through the hole and arched his brow.

"It's hollow, but why would the walls be hollow?" He mumbled. I ruffled his hair and smiled. "It's still our only hope, right?" He looked at me and hesitantly agreed. "Let's hurry then," I whispered. I made the hole a bit bigger and waited for Kurapika to crawl in.

I grabbed the bucket and some boxes and covered the hole. Crawling after him.
He stood up and held out his hand. I grabbed it and looked around the area. "Looks like an abandoned building," he said lowly.

"Stay close," he whispered. He placed both of his hands on my shoulders and held me close to his chest. "It's better for you to stay in front," he explained. I looked around and heard echoes of water dripping.

The floor was cracked and had weeds hanging around. Some of the leaves making me feel as if a spider were crawling on me. I shivered and pointed at the source of light. I'm sure it's not the outside.

"Avoid it," he demanded. Now walking towards the opposite direction. There was a metal hex shaped door. It looked rusted and had a thin layer of algae. Kurapika walked up to the door and pried it open.

The sound of the metal squeaking as the dark entrance make my stomach churn in fear. He entered and brought me inside. The smell of sewage burning my nose as I held in my breath. I felt something rise up as I held it in.

He looked at me and gave me a smile. I don't know if it was real or not, but it looked like relief. "We must hurry, I'm sure Hisoka noticed our disappearance by now," he explained.

"So that's his name," I mumbled lowly. "Look up, don't look down," he instructed. My curiosity rising as I struggled to keep my head up. What's below us, is it something dangerous. I took a small peek but was forced to look up.

"I said 'Don't' look down," he repeated. The feeling of something hitting against my leg as I held in a breath. By now we were trudging through something. It felt like bags that were heavy but they were very cold. Almost soft.

The smell in this section was pungent and worse than the normal sewage smell. Perhaps I should listen and not look down. The door now in front of us as he pushes it. "It's jammed," he said annoyed. I felt the floor rumble as I looked down at the water.

The vibrations causing it to sway as I looked up at Kurapika. "What's happening," I said alarmed. He looked behind and squinted his eyes. The sound of water slamming had caused him to quickly push the door. "The water pressure!" He shouted.

I looked behind and noticed the wave of water. I quickly placed my hands on the door and helped him. I kicked the door and leaned against it. Punching and slamming it as my hands began to hurt. He held my hand and gave it a small squeeze.

I looked at the water in fear. I closed my eyes tightly and continued to push the door. The sound of the waves smashing rang through my ears.