Birthday Special

The sound of my alarm going off had caused me to jump in fear. My heart beating fast as I grab my phone and quickly shut it off. Kurapika rolled onto his side and fluttered his eyes open. "You woke me up," he said softly. Now snuggling his head into the pillow as he groans loudly.

I brought my hand up and hesitantly pat his head. His hair felt soft and my fingers were in heaven. I smiled in bliss as I felt myself blush. His warm hands now grabbing onto my wrist as he gently pushes my hand onto his head more firmly. "It feels nice," he mumbled.

His silky strands now in between my fingers as I felt spoiled. "Hey, it's not my birthday~" I said sweetly. Now up on my knees as I fall onto his back. His warmth making me sigh in satisfaction. The feeling of my soft nightwear rubbing against my skin bringing me more comfort.

I wrapped my arms around him and felt myself rise every time he would take a breath. Now snuggling my head into the crook of his neck smelling his cologne. "You know...I forgot it was my birthday," his voice still mumbled. I laughed which caused him to squirm from underneath.

"That tickles," he chuckled. "What tickles," my voice still soft as we spoke lowly. "You're breathing onto my neck, dear," he whispered. Now rolling over as he now laid on top of me. Snuggling his head into the crook of my neck. "Of course that tickles," his voice more light and airy.

I squirmed around and heard him laugh. It almost resembling a child as I place my hands on both sides of his face. He stopped and stared down at me. Our gaze held longing as I looked at his soft features. "Kurapika," I whispered softly.

He brought a hand up and held my hand as he nuzzled into my touch. "A world without you, would be so lonely," I said sweetly. "So please cherish every moment my, dear," I finished. He leaned down slowly and gently placed his lips onto mine. The feeling of something soft tickling them.

Now placing his hands on my cheeks as he caresses them with his thump lightly. He pulls away slowly as I felt the feeling as if they were still there. "I love you," he said sincerely. I brought him back down and wrapped my arms around him. Now snuggling him as I grabbed a strand of his hair.

"I love you too." After a couple of minutes we decided to get out of bed. "Y/n, what should we do today?" He asked. I stood on my toes and pat his head. "Whatever you want," I replied. He stood there in thought as I laughed. "But I asked you," he explained. I grabbed the spatula from his hand and lightly nudged him to the side.

"While I cook, you can think about it." He walked towards the table and rested his head on his hands. The heat from the stove making the house warmer. After successfully completing breakfast I place both of our plates on the table. "Do you have an idea?" I asked. 

Now taking a bite as I hum in satisfaction. He grumbled and took a sip from his glass. "Can we...Can we just stay at home," his voice low. "What was that?" I shouted. Acting as if I couldn't hear him. "Can we just stay at home?" Now louder as I rest my head on his shoulder.

"Whatever you say," I said sweetly. He placed a peck on my cheek as I sit back up. "Should I invite friends," I asked now stuffing food in my mouth. He shook his head and held my hand in his, intertwining our fingers. "No," he whispered.

I chuckled and grabbed his cheek, pinching it like an old lady. "No need to be overprotective," I said jokingly. He wrapped his hands around my waist and pulled me onto his lap. Snuggling his head into my neck as he sighs.

"I just want to be comfortable today, nothing big," he explained.  He looks up at me as I pat his cheek. "That sounds perfect," I whispered. Now hopping off as I sit back down at my seat.

"Kurapika, do you want a lollipop!" I shouted from downstairs. After a couple of seconds he shouted back, "Can I have the coffee flavored one!" I grabbed it and my favorite flavor. Now rushing upstairs inside our bedroom as I hop onto the bed.

"What's the surprise!" I said excited. He unwrapped his lollipop and smiled. "What surprise, all I said was to come upstairs," he said confused. I stared blankly as I felt embarrassed. "Got my hopes up for nothing," I snarled. He laughed and soon stopped abruptly.

"Did you get me a president?" I shook my head and unwrapped my lollipop. "Good," he said relieved. I lay my head on his lap as I take in his scent. "I remembered you said something about, "not liking gifts" so I decided to not get you one," I said nonchalantly.

"Gifts make me feel uncomfortable for some reason, I'd rather be the one to gift them something," he stated. I nod as I sit back up from his lap. "What should we do besides watching TV like earlier today?" I asked. He stood up and walked towards the closet.

"We could do a puzzle together?" he suggested. He grabbed a box from the top and placed it on my bed. The image of a house and a field of flowers. "It looks peaceful," he said warmly. I opened the box and opened the top of the bag containing the pieces.

"I might get mad so bare with me," I joked. He laughed and scanned the image and the pieces. After a couple of minutes we both gave up and cleaned up our progress. Kurapika walked back towards the bed.

Sitting beside me as we were almost done with our sweet snack. "I'm bored, there's nothing to do up here," I said frustrated. He laughed and shook his head. The atmosphere changing as he looks at me.

"I mean, there's always another thing we can do," he said lowly. I looked at him innocently he smiles. "Do what?" I asked. He grabbed my lollipop and and placed it on the desk. Now getting closer as I lay onto my back. Our faces close as I held in my breath. "We could...,"

"Snuggle?" I asked. His face now one of surprise as I stared up at him. He soon broke into laughter as I sit up embarrassed. "What?!" I asked. He waved his hand and handed back my lollipop. "Nothing," he said calmly. His tone still full of giggles as I stare at him confused.

"Besides, you're too adorable, it's hard to imagine it," he explained. Before I could ask any more questions he tackled me onto the bed. "Can we just stay like this," he whispered. I ran my hands through his hair as I hummed. "Of course," was my reply.

"Happy Birthday Kurapika," I whispered. He pecked my cheek and whispered into my ear. "Thank you, Y/n." I giggled and felt him smiling again. "For what?" I laughed. He hugged me tighter and messed with my hair.

"For loving me."