Ch.51

Kurapika kicked the door and pushed it open. The heavy metal making us slower as we ran out from the sewer. The water trailing behind us as we ran nonstop. He grabbed my hand and pushed me more forward.

By now I couldn't focus on anything except the direction we were running. "Turn left!" He shouted. "Right!" He yelled. I turned right and continued running. "You see the small space!" He screamed. I ran to the left and brought my hand out. He grabbed it as I pull him beside me. The water now past us as we looked from the small space we ran in.

The pressure looked as if it could kill someone instantly. He wrapped his arms around me and held me tightly. "Are you alright," he said worried. Now grabbing my face in his hands as he inspects me. "You have a cut on your forehead," he pointed out.

I looked at him and felt relieved. My heart finally able to rest as I looked up at him. "You have a cut right here," I said softly as I point at his chin. "It's probably from the accident," he explained.

I looked outside and saw the water now flat and looked like a river of sewage. "At least we escaped, thankfully," I said with a smile. "Anyways who was that guy," I asked. Kurapika exited the small space and walked beside me.

"Hisoka Morow," he growled. "He's not much of a threat depending on the side he's on," he explained. I looked at my feet that were now dirtied and had a thin layer of a slimy substance. "I can't wait to shower," I moaned.

He laughed and looked down at his suit. "I've been thinking about leaving," he said calmly. I stayed quiet as he takes off his coat and slings it over his shoulder. "I mean, there's nothing for me to do now," he explained.

I messed with my hands and looked down at the floor. "Don't be sad, I'll finally be gone," he laughed. Now nudging my shoulder playfully. "But, I don't want you to leave," I whispered.

"Why not, it's seems like the best decision for both of us," he added. I shook my head and continued walking. He placed a hand on my shoulder. "Y/n, what's wrong?" He said confused. I shrugged my shoulders and looked up into his eyes.

"I don't know, I don't want you to leave me. I know I've been distant, but I can't imagine you not there," I said calmly. He smiled and patted my head. Now wrapping his arms around me.

"You can always visit me," he whispered. I shook my head and held him tightly. "No," I mumbled. He laughed and looked down at me. "You're still childish," he joked.

The feeling as if my heart was running a marathon. I've felt this before, but I'm still scared. I felt tears prick at the corners of my eyes as I cried silently. "There's no need to cry, I'm sure you'll be fine on your own." He said reassuringly.

"You have Killua, Gon, Leorio, Pit, Lilith, Cherie, and your mother," he coos. His voice soft like a lullaby as I continued to shake my head. "It won't be the same!" I cried.

I could feel him caressing head head as he hums. "You can't leave me again!" I shouted. His body tense as I could hear his heart beating fast. I leaned all my weight on him as he falls onto his back.

I sat on top of him as I brought my fists down gently. My punching no less painful than a newborns. "You can't go, I won't let you," my voice cracking as he stared at me in shock.
The feelings from before now igniting.

The memory of him leaving for York New replaying as I remembered the aching in my chest

The memory of him leaving for York New replaying as I remembered the aching in my chest. He leaned on his hands and shifted up. "Y/n, I won't leave you," he said calmly. "Then why are you leaving already," I whispered.

He looked down and gently held me as he stands back up. "I don't want to leave, I'm only doing it for you," he explained. "Then stay for me!" I shouted. I widened my eyes and quickly looked down.

I'm a selfish person. "I'm sorry," I whispered. He grabbed my arm and pulled me up from the ground. His grip gentle as I walk beside him. The rest of the way silent.

"So you know Hisoka, from where?" I asked. He glanced down at me and faced forward. "In the past, but the past is the past, right now is the present," he answered.

"Should we report it to the police," I asked. He soon bursted into laughter, "The police won't do anything," he said giggling. Will the police do nothing? "I was just wondering," I said sheepishly.

The bright light of the early morning making me smile. Finally the sunlight, it feels like it's been dark forever. Kurapika opened the door and held me back. My face puzzled as he smiles. "Stay here, we don't know if they're waiting outside."

I peek and nod my head in agreement. He opened the door and walked inside. The sound of his footsteps echoing and soon disappeared. After half an hour the sound of footsteps returned.

He held out a hand and brought me up. "There's a latter at the end," he explained. By now I had gotten used to the smell of waste. The ladder leading to the exit near as I make a face of disgust. The ladder full of rust and mold.

"Our exit out is right here, so deal with it~" he said sweetly. I grabbed the sides and quickly climbed up. The bright light shining as I squint my eyes. The smell of fresh air and grass making me perk. I climbed out and rolled onto the grass.

Kurapika laid beside me and pointed at the clouds. Kids nearby were staring at us. I waved and they screamed. Running towards their parents. "We look like zombies," Kurapika pointed out.

"Yeah, let's go home," I said calmly. The word home felt ancient. "I'll drop you off at your mothers," he offered. I shook my head and followed after him. "No, I meant your house," I said softly.

"True your mother wouldn't be happy seeing you in this state," he explained. I facepalmed and smiled. Following him as we exit the park. The cars zooming by as I felt relieved to see things again.

It was only one night. "Let's eat some dinner and then breakfast later," he suggested. My stomach growling as I laugh. "Anything is fine by me," I joked. He looked at me and looked worried.

"But before that let's treat our wounds, I'm sure some are infected by now."