Ch.15 Spaghetti

"Okay, so you put this inside to give it bit more flavor," I explained. And placed the pinch of salt inside the boiling water. "What about the sauce?" He asked and grabbed the already made sauce.

"Well you just heat it up, but I like to add some seasoning inside," he nodded his head and opened the jar. I turned off the heat and gripped onto the pot handle.

"Here, let me do it!" Gon grabbed the pot and ran over to the sink. I held the strainer in place and gave him a serious stare. "If you mess up I'll get burned...So don't mess up!" He nervously shook his head and carefully poured the noodles inside.

My hands began to sweat from the humid air from the heat. And my hands shook from the idea of getting burnt. Gon quickly moved the pot and placed it back on the stove. He grabbed my hands and inspected them.

"What are you doing?" I asked and he gave me a smile. "I was just checking for injuries." I turned on the stove and poured in the sauce. "So this is how you make spaghetti?"

Gon tilted his head and watched from above, leaning all his weight on the counter. "Yup, now you can make it on your own next time."

I grabbed the dishes and wine glasses from the cabinet. "What's with the wine glasses...Are we drinking?" The white haired male asked. I shook my head mid way. We are old enough to drink, but THATS something I can't even imagine us doing.

"I just wanted to drink sparkling cider with a fancy cup." I grabbed the bottle out of the fridge and placed it on the table. Killua grabbed the plates and began to place them down now setting the table. "Where's Gon?" He asked.

I gave him a napkin and placed it beside the plate. "He went to go shower after we made dinner" I puffed out my cheeks and walked away from the male. "Hey pufferfish what's with the face, you look like a balloon?" I gasped and nudged his shoulder.

"And you wonder why ladies despise you." He rolled his eyes and stuck his tongue out. "Well I don't consider you a lady, especially now that you're older." I growled and stood up from my seat making my way up the steps.

"Well that was before I met you, where do you think I got my bad habits" he tried to interject but I continued. "Also thanks for not helping us with the pasta~" I quickly ran upstairs hearing the male argue back.

"I helped with the table!" I walked inside my bedroom and instantly took in a deep breath. The smell of cologne mixed with fresh fabric calming me. "Im lucky his cologne smells like mint," I laughed at my statement and turned on the bath faucet.

My phone buzzed and I quickly looked at my notification.

I'm almost there,
sry if I took to long

No it's fine
I'll see you here

I felt guilt wash over my clam exterior making me feel guilty about my actions. Its still my house too, right? But this house is still Kurapikas and I invited friends over...or well a friend. Killua and Gon just barged in here.

I sighed and sunk deep into the warm water, until I heard my phone buzz. I answered the phone and waited for a response. "What are you doing right now?" His familiar tone catching me off guard. "I'm taking a bath, and you?" I asked

I placed the phone to side on speaker. "I'm still working on the new company idea, I'm osorry about the new changes." I rinsed the soap off my hair, hearing the water fall down inside the tub. "It's alright, but I'm still disappointed by the new idea...Like why?"

I heard him chuckle and I felt my heart quicken it's pace. "Maybe they thought flowers were outdated and electronics were more expensive?" He shared. I rinsed off my body and drained the water now exiting the tub.

"Well their stupid for changing the companies products." Kurapika agreed and changed the subject. "What are you making for dinner, I usually make it so why the sudden change?" I held in breath and changed into comfortable clothes.

"I don't know, I just felt like it, also because you're working late today." He hummed and let out a sigh. "I have to go now, I'll be getting home late so don't be surprised if you hear the door open at like, 3 in the morning" I said goodbye and hung up.

I exited the bathroom and walked downstairs to see the three males laughing. "Hi, Pit" I gave him a hug and sat down next to Gon on the couch. "Do you guys wanna eat already?" I stood up and pointed at the table.
Pit nodded his head and followed me.

He sat down and I placed a decent amount onto each plate. "I served us some sparkling cider." He looked at the glass and laughed. "I love it!" He stared at the liquid and took a sip, letting out a refreshed sigh. I placed the spaghetti inside my mouth tasting the juicy tomato and soft pasta.

"The pasta tastes amazing, thank you" Pit stated and took another bite. "Thank you" I replied nervously. Its weird hearing compliments from other people.

I snorted and pointed at the numbers on the screen. "You got last place against computers that were on easy mode!" I yelled. Killua crossed his arms and handed his controller to Gon. "The games probably rigged or something" he pouted.

I patted his back and handed my controller to Pit. "I'm surprised you haven't lost against Gon," I looked at the brunette. He gave me a shrug and started a new match. "It's not my fault all the bananas were thrown in front of me!" Killua added on.

I rolled my eyes and fixed the pillows around me. I held one in front of me and rested my head on top of it. Killua leaned his head against the pillow and laid sideways. "What time is it?" I asked and looked at the kitchen clock. Its 2 in the morning!

I sat down and acted calm. But my calm exterior looked transparent as the white haired male saw through my shell. "Okay guys it's getting late, let's call it a night." Killua suggested and faked a yawn. Pit and Gon whined continuing to play against each other.

"But I barely got first place since we started!" Gon said sadly. "So all those other times against Killua and I, where you had first place the whole time...were nothing!" He nodded his head. The game had ended and the places had been announced.

"Looks like I won...Again~" Pit sang. Gon gave Pit a smile nodding his head. "Yup!" I waved goodbye at the three boys and looked at the hall. They waved goodbye and entered the elevator. By the time it closed the second elevator had opened and the familiar blonde stood there.

I quickly closed the door making sure to lock it and placed the dishes inside the dish washer. I ran upstairs and messily hurried under the covers.