Ch.29

"What's happening here?" His familiar voice making my heart flutter. I sat on my seat looking forward at the stove. "Good morning, Kurapika~" All three men sing. Kurapika chuckles as I hear him walk towards me. Leorio turns around and continues to cook breakfast.

The other two boys staring at Kurapika like a hawk. My hands becoming sweaty as I began to feel nervous. Why am I so nervous? He placed his hand on my shoulder and leaned towards me. He plants a gentle kiss on my cheek and sits beside me. I look at Gon and widen my eyes.

My face already bright red as I shield myself. "Ohoho, what's this~" someone sang. Killua appeared in between us. I look up at him and smirk. Kurapika gave us a confused expression. "What else does it look like, I'm receiving affection," I say boldly.

Killua looking shocked as he walks back over to Gon.
Yeah, go sit down. "Okay, so who's hungry!"

Time skip•

"Thank you, Leorio," I said sincerely as I pat his back in approval. Killua and Gon follow after me and say thank you. "It was surprisingly not burnt, thank you," Kurapika said sweetly. Leorio's eyes shifted as he held in his excitement.

He closed his eyes and walked towards the stairs. "Thank you," he said cooly. We gave him a thumbs up as he continued to walk upstairs. "I bet 10 dollars he's going to yell," I chuckled sinisterly. Before Killua could intervene a loud yell of excitement made our heads turn.

"Okay, give me the moola," I said smugly. Killua placed 5 dollars on the table and nudged Gon. Gon shook his head and crossed his arms. "Nope, I wasn't apart of it," he said calmly. Killua grumbled and placed another 5 on the table. I thanked him and placed it in my pocket.

Kurapika gave me a look of disapproval as I felt guilt. "Uh, how...about we go somewhere!" I suggested. I heard Leorio run downstairs as he begins to whine, "No fair, I have to study." Poor Leorio, I feel sad for him. I walked up to the taller male and pat his d back again.

"I'm proud of you stick bug, continue to study hard!" I shouted. Leorio groaned and shook his head. His shoulders now slumped as he continued to feel down. "Ahh, work, work, study, study, never ending!" He recited. Kurapika smacked the top of his head, causing him to look up.

"You can do it Leorio, soon we'll all hang out again," He said calmly. "You'll probably be a doctor by then," He finished. Leorio nodded his head and slowly rise back up. His posture now strong as he runs upstairs. "Thanks guys, now get out!" He shouted. "I have a paper to finish!"

"I bet 40 bucks, he's going to fail," Killua whispered into my ear. I shook my head and exited the house. "Nope, Leorio can do it," I said confidently. Killua scoffed and placed his hands inside his sweater pockets. "Then we'll see," he explained.

Gon stopped abruptly and scratched the top of his head. He looked around the area as if he was searching for something. Kurapika noticed this and walks up to him. "What are you looking for?" He asked. Gon furrowed his brows as he continued to search the area. Now looking inside the bushes next to the door he sighs.

"I don't know where my fishing rod is?" He answered. I stare blankly at his back. He had it since we were kids. Now that I think about it, I haven't seen it in years. I walk up to Gon and place my hand on his shoulder. "Gon," I called. "Yeah, Y/n," he said sweetly.

I pull him out of the bush and face him towards me. I look up at him. As he looks down at my shorter self. "It's been gone for years," I said calmly. "Gon, you've never noticed?" I asked. He shook his head and placed his bigger hand on top of mine.

"Yeah, I guess I'm older now. I don't really need it anymore," he explained. I gave him a slight nod and looked at the other two. "Let's catch up with them," I said hurriedly. He grabbed my hand and ran beside me. I guess we all grow out of things. It seems like I'm the only one who hasn't.

"Did you guy's find it?" Killua asked. We both shook our heads and slowed down. Gon began to speak as he wrapped his arm across Killuas shoulder. "I realized I lost it a long time ago." Killua widened his eyes and relaxed his head. "Aww, that sucks. I'll buy you a new one, it'll be better than the old one," he said quickly.

I looked at Kurapika and walked towards him. He grabbed my hand and held it tightly. His smile looking fake as I give him a smile in return. "Y/n, tomorrow we'll discuss important matters in the office," he said briefly. I nod and look at the trees. The early morning air looking foggy.

"Oh yeah, did you guy's get accepted!" I shouted. Killua scratched the back of his head, but realized Gons arm was in the way. "About that," he said dragging his words. What did they do now. "You tell her, Gon," Killua said tiredly and nudged his shoulder. Gon stared as he began to think about something.

"About what again?" He answered. Kurapika stared at the two and mumbled something. "Idiots." I held in my laugh as I looked at the bickering friends. I walk up to them and got in between. Now intervening as I rolled my eyes.

"Killua, you say it," I ordered. Without hesitation he spits it out, "We weren't accepted, because SOMEONE messed up our applications," Killua yelled emphasizing the word someone. Gon looks off to the side and points at something. "Oh look a pidgin!" He shouted. Before he could run off Killua held Gons jacket.

"Now we can't do school, not that I'm complaining," Killua moaned in annoyance. I looked at Kurapika and gave him a sad expression. He shook his head and looked at the sidewalk. "You guy's can work at the office!" I suggested. Kurapika gasped and ran up to me. He covered my mouth with his hand and shook his head.

"She was just messing around," He snapped. I licked his hand and was set free. "Disgusting!" Kurapika said lowly. He wiped his hand on his chest and gave me a look of disapproval. "You guys can work with us, until you find another school," I explained. The two males looked at each other and began to whisper.

Gon let out a whine after Killua smacked him on the head. "We accept your offer," he said boldly. Now giving me a smirk as I clap my hands. "Yay!" I cheered. Kurapika now looking defeated did a sarcastic cheer. "I'm so excited for tomorrow," he said bored. "I get to show off my office!" I said excited.

The feeling of something fluttering in my stomach. Killua tugged my arm as we both slowed down. As we let the other two walk in front of us. "Thank you," he said softly. His voice sounding light and sincere. They felt like music to my ears, smooth and soothing.

"No problem," I replied. The walk back to the penthouse was quiet for the rest of the way. Except for the occasional yawns Killua would let out. I feel at peace.