🍄Mother🍄

"Visiting my mother would be nice, she is my mother afterall," I said sweetly. He told the driver the location and pointed at the many things passing by the window. "Y/n, how was the ball?" He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders and grinned. "It was interesting, I loved the dancing though I realized I'll never wear a dress again," I laughed and remembered the heavy skirt, shivers now running down my spine.

"That bad," he said jokingly. "Yes!" I shouted. He looked around and quickly unbuckled his seat. Now sitting beside me as he straps the seat belt back on. "Where were you?" He asked.

I laughed and thought about my table. "We were directly in the middle," I answered. "What about you?" I asked. "In the garden," he answered. I checked the garden? My laughing soon stopped as I stared at the seat in front of me.

"Is something wrong?" He asked. I faked laughed and shook my head: "Oh nothing, I was just remembering all the events that took place." He stopped and stared ahead the rest of the ride silent.

"We're here," said the driver. I thank them and exited the car. Kurapika grabbing my hand and leading me inside. The garden, I didn't see him in the garden. I didn't see him inside either, was he even there to begin with?

I shook my head and noticed we were already in the elevator. "Is something bothering you?" He asked, his face held concern. "Yeah, something is bothering me, but I rather speak about it later," I said calmly.

He nods and we hear the doors open. He gave my hand a small squeeze and knocked on the door. The door swung open as my mother stood there. "Oh my goodness!" She shrieked.

Now pulling us inside and closing the door. She wrapped her arms around me and planted kisses across my face. "You're safe!" She exclaimed and brought me head to her chest. My face getting squished as I felt all of her happiness overflowing.

"And you!" She released me and gave Kurapika a big hug. This startling him as he looks at me with widened eyes. She walked towards the living and patted the spot beside her. We both sat down and saw her smiling face.

"What happened," she said lowly. Now handing us a piece of chocolate from her tray. "Kidnapped, but that doesn't matter, what happened to you?" I said concerned as I scanned her features.

"Once we heard gunshots they escorted me out and inside the car," she explained while taking a sip from her mug. I feel bad for those who couldn't escape. "I'm glad you're safe, mother,"  I said warmly as I reached over and gave her a small kiss on the cheek.

"Now let's talk about you, before the incident were you having fun?" She asked. Now wiggling her brows as she says this. "I met this man-," I was cut off by her jumping up and down while hollering. "A MAN!!" She exclaimed.

I shushed her and looked at Kurapika's smile. "Yes I did, now let me continue," my giggles trying to stay in. "Was he a gentleman?" She asked again. I nod my head and thought about the masked man from the ball. "He was a gentleman~" I sang.

"Though I couldn't see his face," I said glumly. She frowned and looked at Kurapika. "What about you, did you find anyone?" She said eagerly. Kurapika shook his head and looked down at his lap.

"I'm not interested in anyone right now," he answered but mumbled something lowly. "Well that's a shame, did this man tell you his name," her eyes sparkling as she holds both of my hands. I averted my eyes and felt myself blush.

"Sadly no, which is why I refer to him as Masked Man," I laughed after saying out loud. It sounds so childish, a mystery man appearing at a ball...how cliche. "We danced after I experienced an unusual encounter," I explained.