Ch.45

"Is it good, it looks good?" Gon asked. His mouth drooling as I took another bite. The flavors making me smile in satisfaction as I go in for another bite. I look at the male staring at me as I look down at my lunch. My eyes twitching at the thought of sharing.

My precious food. I place it in front of him and push it towards his face. "I can't eat your food!" he said surprised. "Take a bite," after I said this he had eagerly took one. "It's good!" He exclaimed. I smiled and nodded in agreement.

"It is!" He finished his lunch and waited for me. Our conversation feeling endless as I laughed. My cheeks turning sore from the constant smiling. "Let's look for Killua," I suggested. He stood up and held out a hand. I grabbed a napkin and cleaned my hands. I looked back at him and gladly took it.

He helped me up as I push in the chair. Now grabbing our trash and throwing it away. The music surrounding us along with the constant chatter making it hard to hear. Gon continued talking as I randomly nodded my head. If I were a Killua, where would I be?

"Here kitty-kitty!" Gon suddenly shouted. I held my chest as I took in deep inhales. My body tense as I recovered from the sudden increase in volume. People staring at us as I laugh nervously. I grabbed Gon and pulled him away. Now walking with the crowd as we continued searching.

"Wait, don't we have phones?" He pointed out. Both of us staying silent as we stared at each other blankly. Of course, why didn't we think of that. I grabbed my phone and unlocked it. Now looking through the many notifications.

I pulled out our group chat and sent something. "I'll call him," he whispered. I turned off my phone and placed it back in my pocket. The ringer going off as we waited. He smiled after Killua picked up. "Hey," he said nervously. He scratched his cheek and looked at me.

"Oh, we're sorry,"

"Where?"

"Okay,"

"We'll meet you there,"

He ended the call and grabbed my hand. Gripping it lightly as he began to walk forward. The many shops passing by as I looked around. Everyone looks so happy. I smiled and looked at the store we had entered. A pet store?

He glanced through the sections as we spotted him sitting in front of the cat's. His hand flat on the glass as he smiled in amusement. "Honestly, I'm not even surprised," I said out loud. He looked at us and crossed his arms. Looking away as he sulked. "You guy's left me," he said glumly.

Now walking past us and exiting the store. We followed behind as he walked ahead. "I felt really sad," his words dragging as he continued. "Because of you I was left alone, alone at a mall," he said hurt. His exaggeration making me unamused. "Killua, you really think we're going to feel bad-,"

"I'm sorry Killua!" Gon shouted. Killua wiped away his fake tears and looked at me. "I know you're sorry, I'm waiting for Y/n," he explained. Looking at me with a sour face. I faced my attention to Gon and felt guilt. Its easier to apologize. "I'm sorry," My words sincere.

He smiled and stood beside me. "Now that wasn't hard," he said sinisterly. Now wrapping an arm around me as we walked back inside the dress shop.

"Have you decided on a dress?" Killua asked. I thought about the many options and smiled. I honestly feel like I have. I look up at him and nod. He smiled and whispered softly into my ear. "Like I said before, you'll look gorgeous." I felt my cheeks heat up as he widened his eyes.

His cheeks flaring red as he looked away. I don't think I've ever reacted like this. Especially towards him. He unwrapped his arm and quickly ran inside the dressing rooms. The sound of shrieking made us stop in fear. "Pervert!!" A girl shouted. "It's not what it looks like!" He yelled.

His hands covering his eyes as he ran into the rack of dresses. Gon turned around and walked away from the dressing rooms. "I don't know him," he explained. I rushed toward Killua and helped him up. My eyes scanning the room as I bow in forgiveness.

The staring women looked away as I sigh in relief. I looked at the boy and scowled. Removing his hands from his face. He looked at me and quickly stood up. Averting his eyes and looking at the dresses behind me.

"I'll be waiting outside," he explained. Now rushing out as I stood there confused. What's wrong with him?

KILLUA POV
I quickly ran out of the store and held my cheeks. My cold hands feeling the warmth as I felt my heart beat faster. Why now? Why does she have to do something like that now. It caught me off guard. I don't think I've ever seen Y/n react like that before. I groaned and lightly smacked my face. "Why did I act so weird?" I whispered.

I leaned my back against the glass as I looked at the mannequin. "You don't have to worry about love," I huffed lowly. The mall music calming me down as I felt my cheeks becoming less hot. I stared at the passing couples as I felt defeated. I know I'll never find a happy ending.

That's fine. As long as she's happy, then I'm happy. I did a closed eyed smile and felt tapping. I looked to the right and jumped in fear. "You scared me!" I shouted. Gon shrugged his shoulders and grabbed Y/N's hand. I held her other hand and smiled.

"Did you get the dress?" I asked. "Mhm, I think it's a good one," she said sweetly. Her whole face was just so. Kissable? I brought a hand up and smacked myself. "There was a bug," I said reassuringly. Gon squinting his eyes and looking at me. He already knows.

"Let's go home then," I suggested. They follow behind as I open the doors to the outside. The warm humid air making me feel comfortable. I look down at Y/n and see her sparkling eyes. "Leave, or else I'll let the door slam on you," I joked.

"I'm waiting for you to leave," she explained. I let the door close and walk ahead. She wrapped her arm with mine and caught up with Gon. "It's still bright outside," he pointed out. The sun still up and was getting ready to go down.

"We'll go get ready," I said calmly. The two of them agreeing as we unlock the car. "Drop me off then," she said sadly. I looked at Gon and pointed at his seatbelt. "Seatbelt," I said nonchalantly. He looked down and chuckled nervously.

"I forgot?" He said embarrassed. I looked at the passing trees and cars on the road. My hands gripping on the wheel as I stopped at a red light. "Gon, doesn't he look cool while driving," she whispered. The both of them eyeing me as I look back.

They looked away and stood up straight. "Y/n, are you going to the ball with anyone?" I asked. Now driving forward as I focused on the road.