[One-Shot #92] Someone She Used To Know

Batreaderno123

Kirari x Reader

"If you did that you would give everything away! You must act emotionless and composed, to avoid and maybe intimidate your opponent when in a gamble." You informed. "Here let me demonstrate."

Kirari watched you intently, taking everything you said to her to heart, making sure she didn't disappoint. She watched your face turn cold -- emotionless as you said, and it send shivers down her body. She has never seen you with such a cold aura.

You smiled at her. "See? Just try to relax, take everything with a grain of salt -- that should help."

She nodded, watching your expression turned back to normal made her heart jump, but it didn't last long when it started to ache. She wasn't going to be able to stay with you long. You taught her everything you knew, she was grateful, but she was a Momobami she had business to attend to.

"Hey, Kirari?" You cocked your head to the side. "Something on your mind?" She forget you could read her like a book. She looked at you, looking away quick, her heart racing.

"Noth--"

You looked over to the men by the entrance of a doorway. "It seems that are lesson is short, I must be going now, Kirari." You placed your hand on hers. "Until next time! I don't want you to get in trouble than what you are already in."

"Wait!" Kirari said.

You looked at her. "We can talk about what you want tomorrow. I have to go."

She saw you run off, her arms dropping to her side. She felt hopeless, she wasn't able to meet you tomorrow she was transferring, and the very words she wanted to tell you are never going to be said to you.
She walked back, a visible frown on her, but soon covered by an emotionless shadow.

---

Time went by, Kirari was now the president of the student council at Hyakkaou Private Academy. The skills she manifested was all from you, and she still has you on her mind no matter how long it has been.

Although her life wasn't exactly a comfort zone. She had a responsibility to up hold, even if she didn't like it one bit. To marry someone from another clan to unite them with the Momobami clan; an alliance. She didn't believe she would marry another person from a clan she hadn't heard of. She needed to compose herself, just like what you taught her.

She stood by the aquirurm, clearing her mind from the past until the creak of the door alarmed her. She looked over, and her eyes blessed her with your appearance. Your face was mature, beautiful and lively. Your hair was perfect as always. She couldn't help, but take in the sight of you in the high school uniform.

"Kirari," You looked at her dumbfounded. "I finally found you. You left me without any warnjng -- did -- did they force you here?"

Kirari cut you off with her hand raised. "Don't ramble." She looked back the tank. "I didn't have the time to tell you that I was transferring. Things don't always go as you please."

"Well," You began. "How are you? It's been a few years since I've seen your face."

She felt her heart ache. "I have been quite well, L/N."

Your eyes widen. "L/N? Why are you being for formal. You know me, Kirari."

She looked at you, her eye staring you down from afar. You looked away, anxiety raising to your chest.

"I," She trailed off.

She can't keep her composure around her, she felt the need to be close to you. Feel your hand on hers again.

"Well, how's your life?" You asked.

"I'm getting married."

You felt your world stop. "What?"

"For the clan, Momobami is a powerful name. Sacrifices are bond to be made." She said.

"You don't even know who it can be! What, a 55 year old man for the Momobami clan?!"

Her teeth clenched.

"You can't be serious! I came back for you because I love you, Kirari!"

Her body went numb, she looked at you. "Of course, you would come back for me, I love you too, Y/N." You heart jumped at your name. "But the clan is family, and to be at the top takes scarfice."

"What would that give you! You have your life ahead of you! You can't be serious about considering this outcome!"

"My decision is mine alone." Kirari walked away from you. "I have a flight on a few hours. Leave."

You clenched your teeth, hands in fist, and you run out in an overwhelming feel of emotions. Kirari closed her eyes, looking out her window.

---

"Have you confirmed this marriage?"

Kirari sat around the speakers. She kept looking back at you, seeing your smile -- that beautiful smile. She opened her eyes, a sly smile on her face. "I don't. Choose another, I have other priorities."

"You damn girl! You have cost us. . ."

She stood up, leaving them to their banter. "I'm coming back," She said.

---

You sat alone in the council room, tapping the tips of your fingers on the table. Your ears ringing at the deadly silent. You heard the door crack open, and Kirari stood at the entrance.

"What are you doing here?"

"I said, my decision is mine alone."

You watched her.

"My decision was you."

You stood up from your chair running to her, and you hugged her tight. She hesitantly hugged you back, happy to see your warmth against her body. You nuzzled your face into her body.

"How did they react?"

"Quite childish."

"That seems like them."

She smiled down at you, and tilted you up by your chin, and kissed you passionately on your lips. Tasting the sweet and soft texture of your lips, and she pulled back looking deep in your eyes.

"Would you like to marry me?"

Your smile grew too large for your face. "You mean it?"

"Yes."

"Then my answer is yes."