[One-Shot #63] From Afar

Rei x Reader

The birds chip with a gentle melody, the shine of the sun glistening through the window, contrasting onto the floor. It was a calm day without the worries of the chaotic election, to enjoy the small moments of peace that brought a small smile on her face. Anyone would love those small enriching moments, to reminisce on past memories that ignite pure bliss in their chest.

She laid against an old tree, the branches keeping her cool on a hot day, but she doesn't mind the warmth on her skin. Her legs stretched out on the fresh and soft grass that barely tickled at her delegate ankles. She was so beautiful and angelic to someone else's eyes that watched from afar. Rumors suggested that the [color] eyed girl was a pitiful girl that lost everything from risking all she ever had to gain the top spot, but in the end she failed. The one that watched knew that wasn't the truth, but it wasn't entirely a lie. Y/N L/N, the girl that tried to win against someone who had power, and it costed her.

Although, she wasn't pitiful, she didn't cry out of failure; she smiled at her trial and error. It motivated her to enjoy lives little moments, even if it didn't last. Though, she was admired from afar. Rei, all she wanted to do was avenge Yumeko's sister, but now she had another objective. She kept her eyes on the angelic beauty, and she soon gain the courage to walk up to her.

Under the tree, Y/N heard the sound on faint walking, and turned her attention behind her. And to her amazement, Rei stood there with her brown eyes, and a small smile to reassure that she had no ill-intentions.

"Good morning, Y/N." Rei spoke.

The wind flew by, leaves gently picked up around the two girls. Y/N sat there in bewilderment, her hand grasping the ground.

"You are the butler?" Y/N said, her eyes soft. "Why are you out here?"

Rei laughed. "There are many questions that I cannot answer in this instant, but soon they may be solved."

"Do you enjoy the morning scenery, as well?" Y/N asked.

"It is," Rei sighed. "Very beautiful."

"Would you like to stay with me?"

Rei felt her heart jump. "I must accept." She gently sat down, feeling the beauty radiating off you.

"The sun is very pretty, but so dangerous." Y/N smiled, childishly.

Rei couldn't keep her eyes off you.

"Your smile," Rei began.

Y/N glanced at her, waiting for her to finish her thought. "Is very pretty."

"O-oh," Y/N blushed. "Thank you."

"Is it alright, if I were to join you here every morning?"

Y/N shook her head. "I would like that very much, Rei."

Rei had to tell Y/N sooner or later, but for now this innocent scenery watch wouldn't kill anyone. Only to bring two people together for the better.

---

"Rei." Y/N stroked the girl's face. "No matter how you dress, you can't deceive me. As I will always like you."

Rei was shocked to hear those words, and she glanced over to see the angels bright and joyful smile.

"What do you mean?" Rei asked.

"You may dress like a man to gain personal advantage in this election, but you are the girl I've kept watching from afar."

Rei smiled. "You are very smart."

"And you are very beautiful."

"So are you."

"We are even." Y/N said, And held Rei's hand. "Stay with me?"

"Of course." Rei agreed.

"No need to watch from afar, we are here together, and we are never leaving."