[One-Shot #74] It's Okay To Cry

For eimoko

Rei x Reader

She held you in her arms, the feeling of your back against her chest. The soft skin, the warmth, the satisfaction of you being hers. It felt like a dream, but it wasn't. She knew you were having thoughts, you weren't in the best place, but she wanted you to know that she was always there for you. Letting you know it's okay to cry, to speak what is wrong, to get her attention so she could help you.

And that is what you did.

The after math wasn't anything you thought it would be. She was understanding, loving and caring, and above all that she was your girlfriend who would never leave you to be your own enemy. Protecting you, kissing you, showing affection to let you know. Doing things together, walking to school together, sending little texts that would just brighten your day.

And what was even more heart filling, was the words; I love you. To hear them every day -- to feel them against your ear as she hugged you from behind -- was something you always wanted and never would doubt again.
She nuzzled her nose into her hair, holding you tight and gently.

"I won't lose you like I did with the butterfly, you are my everything. It's okay to come to me, and cry when you need me the most as I will never turn you down. Goodnight, I love you, Y/N."

She closed her eyes, and a smile grew from you subconsciously. You knew that she would never leave you, she loved you, and that will never cross her mind. "I love you too, Rei."

She smiled. "I'm so happy."

It's okay, you'll be alright. Just hold on for me a little bit more, may you? I promise to make you smile as I love your laughter, and maybe you can stay with me forever.

The night sky shined so bright, and all that remains was the silence you two peacefully sleeping under the moon light, and love of one another.