[One-Shot #93] Sick

FruitFrump

Protective!Rei x Reader

Rei walked along the hallway, wondering where you could've gone. She doesn't like being far away from you due to you being so fragile in her eyes. She passed the entrance of the infirmary room to see you bumping into the wall in front of her. She rushed over, not understand what you were doing.

"I have been looking all over for you," She noticed your flustered face. "Are you okay?" She placed the back of her hand to your forehead, and then to het own. "You're turning up."

"You have gloves on," You hold her hand. "They felt good against my head."

She frowned. Glad to have the infirmary near by.

She picked her up, smiling at your adorable little squeal, and your head rest against her chest. She walked into the infirmary, gently laying you onto the bed.

"Rei! Rei! Don't go!" You frowned.

Her eyes soften. "I need to take care of you."

"No! I am -- no!" You got off the bed, and barely managed to get to her fast enough to grab her sleeve.

You closed your eyes, exhausted due to your sickness. "Y/N! You can't do that." She carried you back to your head with a wash cloth, and placed it on your head.

She gently moved your damp hair from your face, adoring your sleeping face.

"Rei?" A voice called.

She turned around to see Yumeko, she stood up, blocking you from her view.

"Hello," She said.

"What are you doing here?" Yumkeo asked. "It's pretty late."

"My apologies, but that is none of your concern." She said in a monotone voice.

Yumeko pouted, noticing you behind Rei. "Is someone sick? Who is--"

Rei moved in front of her. "Ms. Jabami, please can you leave."

"Rei!" She felt you call her name, and she turned around looking at you with pure concern.

"Oh," Yumeko smiled. "I'll leave."

She watched over you until you were able to go home without falling on your face. She was constantly watching you, even when you said you will be okay.

"Rei," You said. "I'll be okay."

"I," Rei frowned. "Want to make sure you make it home okay."

"I understand, I'll call you if something happens, I promise."

"Thank you," Rei said, kissing your forehead. "See you tomorrow."

"Bye, Rei!"

You knew Rei was protective of you, she lost a lot in her past, and now she had someone she cared for deeply. You are precious in her eyes, and you love her for that. It was an amazing feeling to be loved by her, and you couldn't ask for more.

---

"Good morning, Rei!" You wave her over. She smiled, her hands behind her back. "I'm back on my feet, and feeling so much better!"

Rei smiled. "That's good to hear. You have class soon, don't be late. I will find you after school."

"Alright, love you Rei!"

"I love you as well." She walked with the tray, heading over to the other Bami's with her head held high.