[One-Shot #24 Sayaka] Jewelry Box

Requested: N/A

Warnings: Suicidal themes, depressive themes

Words: 423

---

The human mind is truly a dark place, a terrifying void to wonder. Yours was a shattered piece of fragile glass, cracked and destroyed from your worst enemy; yourself.

A word to describe you was a harp, the strings played in a delegate way, the shine of the rim in the luxurious sun, but the tune - the sad songs played were you dancing alone in the darkness to be swallowed.

The heart that beat for her no longer beats for anyone. It was all gray for you, the flowers never bloomed, the sky never stood in its glory - you were dying; drifting in the wind, and it was a matter of time before you lose yourself completely.

She found happiness, she slipped from your fingertips to another girl that could give her everything she so desired. You were just a broken soul - a broken harp to be used - to be played until you turn dull and start to fade.

She knew that. She saw you pale and dry, limping your way through life that was being devoured in shadows of a future that was to never be seen.

You knew it.

She knew it.

People saw it from afar.

Why didn't it change anything? Their words seemed empty, a routine played in their mind - practiced in a perfect mirrior reflecting the lies back at them.

A broken harp was all you were known as, your strings insecure, the rim turned rusty. You left was a dim memory in the ray of sunshine in her life.

But.

You didn't know how important you were to her, you were oblivious and filled with doubt. She couldn't save you.

"I failed you." She placed down a bouquet of roses, the petals bright.

You couldn't have her, she was astaryed by someone else, but her company was all you needed before you passed.

"Sayaka." Kirari.

"I miss her."

"I know, but we must let her rest." A tear fell down her beauty skin, and you weren't there to wipe it away.

To comfort her.

A broken harp, and a perious jewelry box will never play their song together ever again.

"Goodbye, my sweet Sayaka. I'll see you on the other side, and maybe you'll be mine."

The harp broke.

Left to rot.

All alone.

You were so beautiful, yet so broken. A shattered piece of glass that'll never be put back together - a story to be buried with all the rest.

Locked up.

In the jewelry box.