[One-Shot #55] Lost Cause

Ririka x Reader

[Warning: Angst]

She is loved by her adorable appearance, her somewhat innocent personality, and her timid behaviour. I was able to be with her; hold her hand, kiss her lips, and hear her laugh whenever I please. Though, I didn't expect it just to be an act to gain my trust for the council; The Momobami Clan to be precise. She had be wrapped around her finger, manipulated by her sister, but her own true intentions were brought to life. I was just a pawn in her plan to help her sister gain a lead in the election.

Why must be I foolish to believe someone who purposely hides behind a mask to be honest to their every word? Why did I trust a Momobami to start with? All I have are doubts, I don't want to hate her, but she only used me. I hear a faint squeak, looking towards the ajar door to see her masked face.

"Ririka," I say, breathlessly.

It feels like the first time we met. She loves to roam aimlessly through hallways when trying to scout someone out. She's a really clumsy girl, out of surprise she ended up knocking into me. She was cute, without the mask, looking at with me with those eyes. I hate the feeling if being easily distracted my old memories, when she played me like flute. She walked over to me, her posture formal. She held out votes to my face, looking back at the door. I swat them away, disgusted.

"I'm not going to vote for your cause, nor am I joining in on the election." I hiss, standing up to her. "The fact that you willingly chose to wear that mask in my face, is where my hope for you died." I walk away from her, but her hand gasps my wrists out of desperation. I snatch the mask, throwing it aside to a random corner.

"D-don't leave." She stammered.

I glance at her. "I love you, but I guess family means more than someone who would die for you, than those that would look down on you."

"Y/N," She gasped.

"I would expect this from Kirari, but I guess you are the same after all." I leave the room.

She jumps, clinging to my back with her arms wrapped around me. Tears fall down my face, her warmth suffocating.

"Stop it, you'll only end up hurting me more!" She flinches at my tone, but I couldn't let that make me feel guilty.

"I didn't mean to hurt you, I don't want the council in the hands of those that may use it for another cause, please understand. I love you. . ."

"I loved you, now you're a lost cause. Farewell, my first love - Ririka. Momobami." I close the door behind me, my chest tight.

I hope you'll become your own person, not the shadow of one with your same face.

Ririka slid onto her knees, sobbing her heart out, blindly looking for her mask to hide her stained face. Silent screams, nails digging into her skin. She knew she was in the wrong, but was there even a more to fix both of their heartaches.

"I'm sorry, I-I'm so sorry."

"Don't be so pathetic, Ririka. We have a lot of things to uncover."

"Kirari."

Her sister wipped away tears. "Sister."