[One-Shot #79] Complication

Yuki82903

Kirari x Reader

I remember when we would talk for hours, alone together. Seeing your smile was the highlight of my day. The faint color of red, the laughter that made my heart burst. That's the problem. For as long as it has been, I have grown feelings for her.

The President.

A Momobami.

Kirari.

Although, I knew that this feeling would jeopardize our relationship. It's perfect the way it is, my selfish desire is wanting more than a simple laugh or beautiful smile. Watching her work, peaceful as it is, empty and silent council room. Another had caught her eyes, the secretary, Sayaka.
I have known Sayaka's small, but obvious, love or attachment to the President. But my words would be forever hallow if I don't put them out there for her to hear.

Things got more complicated as the days went by. Kirari was no longer by my side as she use to be. She had forgotten our little break we always had together. I was just alone. She left me, but I can't blame her, she's with Sayaka. Doing whatever. I keep losing her no matter where I went.

It has been weeks, my heart can't handle to overwhelming need to hear her voice. The desire to confess my love. I finally caught her one day, she was waiting for Sayaka patiently. She smiled to me, it wasn't the biggest, but it surely was reassuring.

"I have something to say," I spoke.

She looked at me with, slightly amussued by my announcement, but she was invoked in what I had to say. It felt so long, the words were heavy on my tongue. The anxious pit in my stomach grew, but it was now or never.

"Kirari," I began. "It has been weeks. I'm glad you're doing alright."

She shook her head. "I'm doing well."

"Well, what I mean to get to is that. Ever since I could remember, I always adored you, no matter what you did I loved it. As you can see, I love you. And I need to get it out there -- I need you to know." I closed my eyes. "I love you Kirari, more than an old friend you known for some time."

Kirari's small smile faded. I knew what was about to happen. I had to endure the rejection. Endure the possibility of losing her. Endure the tears that beg to spill. Chant that my lip wouldn't quiver. Hope that my voice wouldn't crack. Stab my nails into my palm. Bite my lip until it bleed.

"I'm sorry," She spoke, her voice as of an angel. "I love someone else."

Endure the broken mirror in my mind, but all I did was run away. I ran away from her, our relationship from the very start. Accepting that I was nothing in her heart, but a mere friend that kept her company.

---

A month. It was been a month since that took place. The fear in my heart, the anxiety, it was gone. I found another, someone I truly love, and know that they truly love me. Someone that held me when I cried. Held me when I felt like running away. Held me when I was lost.

I still see her, but nothing comes to mind. She notices my place in the academy, but for an odd reason, her eyes are always sad. Her eyes held something, a conflict, deeper, but I wouldn't know. She has Sayaka. I have someone as well.

She did regret? Why? Why would she regret a decision she made? It wouldn't matter now, my answer, as was hers, I love someone else.

"Y/N!" They call my name. "You wanna go [place] and hang out?"

I smile. "Of course, I wouldn't say no for the world!"

They hug me, pulling me close. "You're the best, I'm so lucky to have you!"

"As am I," I say. "As am I. . ."

Kirari looked over at me, I noticed one say, her eyes were soft. A single tear down her face, but soon I never saw her look at me like that again. It was a complication from the start, but soon it will fix itself.

I know it.

---------

Hey-o! So, for those that are wanting to know where "The Outcome of Your Life is" that's is now moved onto my second account TwoSidedKenjiro

All chapters are up[that are finished].