[One-Shot #69] Sweet, Naive Y/N

Yumeko x Sick Reader

Red, a color that symbolizes a lot of things, or reminds people of certain liquids. Red can be a sense of anger, rage boiling inside of you ready to burst. Red can be seen as a deep love for someone. It is a very mesmerizing color especially if someone held that color in their eyes. An intimidating thing to witness as it can hold the most wholesome thing to the deadliest of diseases, and you my friend have just that.

You were a lover of Yumeko, always made sure she didn't go overboard on her lust of the risk, but you didn't necessarily stop that either. You would welcome her affection, making sure you would wrap her in the hug she came rushing at you for. Kiss her gently, petting her head to encourage the liveliness she possessed. Laugh along with her with someone asked a dumb question during a gamble, or when someone didn't expect her over-the-top move during one.

Although, there was a thing you were lie about -- make excuses she blindly accepted or so you thought she did. You were sick, taking meds so that your body wouldn't shut down on you, but that came with its on consequences. You would stay in the bathroom of the school forcefully coughing up blood, holding back tears of shame because you keep lying to those you held so close. What made you feel even more devastated when Yumeko found out your suffering after all the time you've known each other.

She didn't feel betrayed, but she did feel heartbroken, and most importantly empty by the sickness that would never go away. She hated the fact you would never be at your fullest, she was deceived by your sweet smile, and the gentle sound of your purest smile. She became a wall, holding onto you -- never leaving you alone. Being by your side, but a day came when you were at your worst. The day where it all came crumbling down on you, but surely Yumeko came.

In the bathroom, you didn't hold the tears of shame. They fell down your face with no sign of stopping, but soon exhaustion took its toll on you. Your head became light, your legs became jello, and soon you were on the ground -- choking. You wheezed, holding your head, but you eyes wouldn't focus, and you lost hope. You closed your eyes, feeling the need of air slowly become a thing of the past, and all you saw was the innocent smile of Yumeko; that slowly faded.

Am I really going to die in a bathroom, you thought, how pitiful to die by thousands.

Yumeko was not oblivious, she knew something was wrong, but she didn't exactly know what it was. Until the thought of you out of her sight hit her, and she ran leaving Mary anf Ryouta she be confused by her random burst of energy.

"Yumeko, where the hell are you going?" Mary shouted, annoyed.

Ryouta felt uneasy. "Why do I have a feeling that Yumeko may know something is wrong?"

Mary huffed, crossing her arms. "Like what. . .ah shit - move!" She ran after Yumeko, Ryouta following after with a scared expression.

---

Yumeko opened the bathroom door, and saw your weak smile as you looked up at the ceiling. You soon looked at her, your smile grew large, but it was still distant. You kept staring at her as if you were in a trance, but that didn't stop her from holding you close.

"Oh, Y/N," She said, her voice gentle. Her fingers laced through your hair, her eyes soft and worried. "What am I going to do with you."

You nuzzled into her. "Keep me c-close." Your lips quiver. "I'm sorry."

"Shhh," Yumeko hummed. "That is not going to do us any good." She lifted you, your head resting over her heart.