𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐚𝐥

Saturday, May 11, 2019
Bay Plaza , Bronx 📍
12pm

"Why this store smell like this? It's giving me a headache.." Pop groans as we walk through Bath & Body Works.

When we got back home, Pop picked us up straight from the airport. We dropped off Tae at his apartment while we went shopping for gifts.

Mother's day gifts. And a gift for Carlie & Quami's gender reveal.

I had to get gifts for Pop's mom, Tae's mom, Tjay's mom, Jasmine and her mom, and my abuela.

Everything was so last minute. The gift shopping. Especially because the gender reveal didn't start until 3 but neither of us wanted to party and then have to go shopping later i'm so it was now or never.

"Because there's people over there spraying different scents in the air mixing them," I say picking up two candles and smelling them, "Mmh definitely gotta get this.." I say to myself.

"Why women like candles so much?" He chuckles watching me smell at least three candles before putting them in a shopping bag.

"It's like the scent just makes you feel good. Puts you in a good mood. I don't know.. it just relaxes you," I explain.

"Need help finding anything in particular ma'am?" A guy comes up beside Pop.

"I'm just doing late mother's day shopping.." I laugh, "You have any like sets? I have six women to buy for and I wanna get like an equal amount of gifts.." I trail off.

"Of course, I could help you put together a bundle.. like a lotion and perfume set of scents they each like.. maybe some hand lotion.. or sanitizer.. c'mon I'll show you where the good stuff is at," He winks before turning around to lead us to the front of the store.

12:35pm

"You are so easy.." Pop shakes his head, "He finessed you of three hundred on candles and smell goods," He laughs as we walk out the store.

"No, he finessed you out of three hundred on candles and smell goods. You're the one that paid remember?" I look up at him making him laugh.

"Mann whatever," He sucks his teeth, "Where to now? We already been to five different stores."

"I gotta get something for Carlie's gender reveal."

"How do you get someone a baby gift and don't know what they're having?"

"Why you got attitude today? Like what's wrong with you?" I look up at him as we keep walking.

"I'm just stressing baebas.." He sighs.

"Wassup? Talk to me."

"This rap shit. Like what's taking so long. I'm just re-thinking shit like.. okay we have weekly meetings about what exactly? I'm still in the same place," He explains before we go onto the escalator to go down.

"You have to wait your turn B," I say, "It's all about the process. I promise it's all gonna pay off. Soon enough, everybody gonna wanna meet the big woo so.. no negative talk right now. You gonna be big and you gonna make it."

"I hope you right," He puts his arm around me.

"I am. You'll see."

3:35pm
Carlie's house 📍

"This supposed to be a gender reveal?" Pop asks opening my door for me to come out the car.

Before coming, we were told to wear whatever color we thought they were having. I wore pink and Pop wore blue.

Quami and another guy were on the front porch smoking and loud music was going on in the back of the house.

"Ayeeee CiCi! My girl! You team girl too?!" Quami laughs making me laugh. He gets up from the steps and meets us halfway. We both hug and he kisses my cheek, "How you doing?" He asks.

"I'm good," I nod before we both laugh, "This is my boyfriend Pop."

"Wassup Cuz," Pop daps him up.

"Wassup," Quami nods his head, "Thank yah for coming.. we really appreciate it."

"You guys are like family to me, so ima always be here. You excited?" I ask.

"More nervous than excited," He laughs a little bit, "But go ahead, everybody in the back. Get situated sis tell Carlie ima be back there in a minute," He hugs me again.

"Alright, c'mon babe."

"Nice meeting you bro," Quami says to Pop as we start walking on the side of the house.

"You too!" Pop shouts before turning back around, "He look like he's still a youngin? How old is everybody?" Pop laughs.

"Carlie is seventeen and Quami just turned twenty."

Once we got to the backyard, there were blue and pink decorations in everywhere. She had an all white cake on one table with a bunch of candy and cupcakes and another table with snacks and drinks.

Tae and Amiri were the only ones from my side to come. The rest, which were about thirty other people, were from school.

I greet Tae and Amiri along with Pop before going to see Carlie.

"Thanks for coming babe," She hugs and kisses my cheek, "And I love this outfit!" She laughs, "Im team girl too. Mostly everybody is team girl. But I know what i'm having and no one can tell me different!" She laughs.

"Period," I laugh.

"Wassup, congratulations.." Pop smiles before hugging her.

"Thank you," She smiles, "Okay so the snacks are over there along with the cake. The food is inside the house in the kitchen. Quami's mom made baked macaroni and cheese, collard greens, just mad food for no reason in general," She laughs making us laugh.

"Carlie c'mere!" Her mom shouts from inside the house.

"Gotta go," She laughs before walking away.

Me and Pop find a seat at the table where Tae, Amiri and a few other people were.

"This is a bit dramatic for a gender reveal right?" Amiri whispers to me.

"It's ode," Pop says making us laugh, "Babe I hope you ain't gonna do this extra shit when we have kids."

"We not having no babies until I get a rock on this finger," I hold my hand up to his face making him laugh.

"Ima get you pregnant TONIGHT!" He laughs.

"Yeah okay, you MUST be proposing to me tonight too!" I laugh making him laugh more.

4pm
"Okay, i'm gathering everyone up individually to say something to the parents to be. I wanna do like a comparison from gender reveal to a baby shower video.. you guys wanna be in it?" Carlie's mom, Pam, comes up to our table and asks.

"Of courseee!" Tae reaponds before standing up.

"Yeah Pam, you don't even have to ask us!" I stand up as she smiles, "You wanna be in it too?" I look down at Pop.

"I dont mind," He clears his throat standing up.

"Okay let's go over here by the fence.." Pam trails off walking us to the other side of the backyard where no one was, "I wanna get Tae and Amiri together first and then you and-."

"Pop," Pop says.

"I know who you are! I listen to your music."

"Wordddd!" He laughs looking at me making me laugh, "Moms is woo then!" He laughs more.

"Carlie always plays your songs, so I kinda just got it from her," She laughs.

As she recorded Tae and Amiri saying their congratulations to Quami and Carlie, Pop just kept shaking his head.

"I'm telling you, just wait your turn."