𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞

"I gotta call everyone and let them know i'm good," I get up reaching for phone in my purse.

"I'm gonna go take a shower. We leave at five tomorrow," Tae gets up walking to the bathroom.

"Morning?" I ask.

"Afternoon," He replies before closing the door.

I go on my phone and make sure to call everyone. My abuela, Jasmine and the girls, Cameron, and Tjay.

"I'll be home tomorrow for the weekend for mother's day so Ima see yah then," Tjay says.

"Alright, I love you.. our flight leaves at five tomorrow."

"I love you too and let me know when yah get home safe."

"I will I will, later.." I hang up.

Before I could even call Pop back, Cedella calls.

"Hey beba how's LA?" She smiles, "You look beautiful!"

"Thanks, and LA's been nothing but work. I was with Tae and Nicki half the day—."

"How was that huh? Nicki Minaj?" She smiles.

"A dream come true. I loved her since before I could remember.." I trail off sitting at the edge of my bed, "Im an OG barb!" I laugh as she smiles, "And the crazy part is.. because Tae does her hair so much.. and they talk on the phone, she already knew of me. So I wasn't even fangirling when we got to her house."

"That is crazy.. you're getting used to the famous life now. Hanging out with celebrities, dating a celebrity, becoming a celebrity.. soon you're gonna be on the road with Pop and living big."

"I'm not becoming a celebrity," I laugh as she laughs.

"You have tons and tons of followers on instagram, you have celebrities following you. You get paid for posting pictures and shouting out the different clothing companies," She laughs, "You're becoming a celebrity."

"Ehh," I laugh more, "But yeah spent half the day with them and then went to go meet up with some friends."

"That sounds nice.." She trails off, "I'm glad you had fun, when do you two fly back to New York?" She asks.

"Tomorrow, we'd probably get back in like around night time."

"I'm coming during the week, I'm bringing my husband with me to come meet you two.. if you want—or if you have something going o—."

"I won't. It's mother's day weekend, I'd probably just be catching up on school work and then going shopping to get gifts. That's it."

"Okay, because I wanna take you kids to dinner so that you three can get to know eachother. I wanna take this step by step, I don't want to rush into anything."

"I'm down, papi would be too. Just let me know everything that's going on."

"I'll keep you updated."

"Cedella, you have a client coming in," A woman in the background says.

"What? I'm leaving it's too late for meetings!" She looks up from her phone, "Tell them i'm not here," She laughs making me laugh.

"They said it's important."

"At this time.. it better be, let me get back to you beba."

"Okay, later.." I say before hanging up.

"That shower felt so good, now i'm going to sleep," Tae comes out drying his hair with the towel filling dressed.

As soon as I got up to go in my suitcase to find something to put on after I got out the shower, Pop was calling back.

"Woo back baby. So listen to this real quick.. it's not the full.. I got some work to do but just listen.." He trails off before pressing a few buttons.

2:20am

"I like it babe, it's giving me like summertime.. riding with ya shorty around the city just on the go and shit.. singing in the car," I say making him laugh.

"That's what I was going for. Issa vibe forreal."

"And you real messed up for that! Putting 50 lyrics on a Ja Rule beat..didn't think I would notice," I shake my head as he cracks up, "You got 'down as bitch' playing in the back and you asking '21 questions' .. I like it though," I laugh.

"Yeah me too," He props his camera up so that I see his whole set up.

"You need to get some sleep though, why're you still up."

"I don't know. I just can fall asleep. I've been moving around all day yesterday too. I'm just not tired."

"You gonna be knocked out soon so listen," I clear my throat before plugging my phone in on the charger and laying on my side, "You know—."

"Oh! Baby! You know who called me like an hour ago? Durk. I'm like yo how the fuck this nigga get my number?!" He laughs, "My fault, i'm hype."

"I gave it to India. You know India right.. his girl?" I ask before he nods, "She was telling me that Durk likes ya music and I gave her your number to give to Durk she said he was gonna hit you up."

"Wordddd? Baebas! You deadass?" His eyes widen.

"I'm serious. You just thought I came out here to have fun with Tae huh? I'm out here putting you on babe," I laugh seeing him look shocked.

He just stood there shaking his head and smiling. Speechless.

"Nahhhh what?" He laughs, "Why you not putting yourself on? I want niggas to know my girl can sing. You can sing forreal."

"I dont take it seriously though," I chuckle, "That's why i'm putting you on. Singing ain't my first choice. I still don't know what I wanna do with my life just yet.. college or not. Undecided. But I wouldn't be solid if I'm out here with Nicki Minaj and having conversations with my favorite drill artists' baby moms and not putting my man on," I laugh.

"You really real in real life!" He laughs as I laugh, "Damnnn babe," He sucks his teeth, "Out there working for me. I appreciate you."

"With you, and I know you do," I say before yawning, "How was work today?"

"Regular regular.." He trails off.

"You eat today?" I ask.

"I had some food from ya wella's place, this morning.. that's mainly it."

"One thing I miss right now is her cooking," I shake my head making him scoff.

"What you eat today?" He asks.

"Umm well I had what they had on set. I shared a salad with Tae that's it. Then when I got to Crystal's I had ziti.. a salad with avocado and that's it."

"That sounds fire right now."

"I know, when I get home ima cook that because.. thinking back.. I should've brought an extra plate," I laugh before yawning.

"You tired I can call you when you wake up."

"Unh unh, talk to me.." I shake my head.

We talked. All night about fixing the song he was working on. He wanted it to be perfect. He wanted the lyrics perfect, the notes to be perfect. Everything.

He always wanted my opinion. My feedback.