𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐌𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐲

8:45am
Pop's House — Brooklyn 📍

I get out of the car and head right into Pop's house. The door that lead to his room.

"You better not be playing with me today.." I trail off closing the door behind myself. I walk in and he's coming out the bathroom. Towel on. Chanclas on. Fresh out the shower!

"Can you put this oil on me real quick?" He licks his lips and asks.

"Babe.." I try to hide my smile as I walk towards him,  "You really called me over for this?" He sits down on the foot of his bed as I turn my body to be in front of him.

"Nah," He licks his lips, "But uh," He looks me up and down holding the bottle of oil up.

"So whatchu tryna do?" I take the oil from his hand; Open it and start spreading it on his chest slowly, "Cause I think you just want some punani from me," I chuckle making him laugh.

"It ain't never bout no pussy with you, you know that mama!" He laughs, "But i'm up for whatever," He makes heavy eye contact as his hands travel inside my shirt and up to my boobs.

"Whatever whatever?" I laugh as he starts unbuttoning my bra.

"Whatever whatever.." He licks his lips.

We start making out. I get on top of him taking off my shirt before my phone goes off.

"Ugh!" Pop lays back on the bed.

I hit ignore on my phone before we go back to doing what we're doing. Then my phone goes off again.

"Same number. A jersey area code," I say.

"Answer it," He insists.

"Somebody always gotta cockblock!" I say making him laugh, "Hello?" I answer the phone.

"Hi could I speak to Ciela Fuentes please?" The woman asks.

"T-This is her," I get off of Pop and sit on the bed, "Can I ask who's calling?" I furrow my brows in confusion looking at Pop as he sits up.

"Ciela es mamá."

My whole heart sank. I couldn't even feel it beating. Everything became a blur.

"Listen whoever this is y—."

"El lucerito mañanero ilumina mi sendero.El lucerito mañanero ilumina mi sendero.Si me ven, si me ven," She starts singing slowly in a monotone voice.

"Voy camino de Bélen," I sing along with her before I start dropping a few tears.

My birth mom would sing 'El burrito sabenero' to me every night before bed. As soon as she started to sing memories came rushing back immediately.

"What's wrong?" Pop gets up immediately.

"It's my mom," I mouth before his eyes go wide. I quickly put the phone on speaker to allow him to listen.

"Le he estado viendo en línea últimamente y sabía que era usted. ¡Mira justo como mí en ese edad! He estado tratando de encontrar usted y sus hermanos durante más de una década," She explains while sniffling, "Siento mucho babe. ¡Hay tantas cosas de las que quiero hablarte y sé que hay muchas cosas que quieres preguntarme también! Quiere que me encuentres en alguna parte. Estaré en la ciudad el viernes. ¿Si me encontrarás en un restaurante en algún lugar alrededor de las cinco? Uhm, 'Claro' está en Brooklyn. Pero por favor, si decides venir y obtener respuestas estaré allí."

>> I have been seeing you online lately and I knew it was you. You look just like me at that age! I have been trying to find you and your brothers for over a decade," She explains while sniffling, "I am so sorry baby! There's so much I wanna talk to you about and I know there's a lot you want to ask me too! I want you to meet me somewhere. I will be in the city on friday. If you would meet me at a restaurant somewhere around five? Uhm, 'Claro' it's in Brooklyn. But please if you decide to come and get answers I will be there."<<<

"But how—."

"Tengo que irme. Te quieres adiós," She hangs up the phone.

>> I have to go. I love you bye.<<

"Well what did she say? You know you gotta translate for me."

"She was just saying how she was trying to find us for over ten years and this that and the third. I don't know.. I don't even know how to feel or what to feel right now. I-I-I'm j-i-just.." I start hyperventilating before he gets up to calm me down.

"Calm calm baebas," He holds my waist before hugging me whole, "I don't know what your feeling but just listen to me. Whatever you wanna do with this situation i'm letting you know right now i'm behind you. With every decision. I got you woo."

Hearing my mother's voice for the first time in over fourteen years was weird. But it was coming back to me. The way her voice was. Her accent. Her light brown hair. Hazel eyes. It all came back.

But with the information she was giving me—everything in my mind told me to meet and talk to her. But it was also telling me like 'why is she rushing?' and 'why now?'.

Why are you just now contacting me. You've had fourteen years. Why are you in a rush? What's going on on your end of the phone call? And how were you able to get my number?

All I wanted to know were the 'why's'. That's all I wanted to know. And how would I go about everything? Tell my dad and Luce? Tell the girls? Tae? Fivio and Tjay? Cameron? Every choice and decision relied on me. No one else but me.

After finally calming down me and Pop talked.

"I think you should go but it's like mad suspect. The way she was talking was like she was..never mind," He sighs.

"What?" I ask as he shakes his head no, "Please c'mon I just don't need any more of a headache right now."

"Like she's never gonna see you again," He says before I take a big sigh, "I know it's a lot of pressure on you but like I said i'm behind you with whatever you decide to do."

"I know.. and this isn't something I could just automatically say yes or no to like I need time to really think this out," I sit down at the foot of his bed, "I don't know if I should tell Papi or not."

"I think you should. He's your brother. He deserves closure too. Not just you. He's gotta be there. But I don't think you should tell ya pops or Luce. They might not want yah to go because of the fact that she did what she did," He explains, "But that's just my opinion don't listen to me." He chuckles making me crack a smile, "You were only two when everything happened. If your dad's side of the family has never brought up your mom then how are you gonna know where your roots are? You gotta know both sides."

"It's too much though.." I sigh.

"C'mon, we'll go get some food and do whatever you wanna do. We can pick Cam up from school if you want and from there go shopping."

"For what?"

"The wedding woo!" He laughs making me laugh, "Gotta get ya mind off it," He grabs my hand to stand up before we kiss, "Lets go."