𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐬

Monday Feb. 18. 2019
Starbucks 📍
7am

"Good Morning Ci!" My manager greets me as I walk behind the counter.

"Good Morning Krystal," I smile and wave, "When you're done can I talk to you in the back?" I ask while she hands a customer their drink.

"Sure sure, c'mon.." She walks in front of me to the back of the room in her office, "What's up?" She sits in her chair.

"I wanna put my two weeks in."

"Whyyy?! We love you here! It hasn't even made a year neither."

"I know, but like i'm making money off of social media now. Fashion brands are hitting me up and sponsoring me and paying me to advertise their stuff," I explain while clocking in.

"Yeah yeah. I don't expect you to work here forever I mean it's sudden though. Is this because of—," She follows me out her office.

"No no no no. Partially. But not entirely. Like I said, I got real business opportunities this was just because I didn't want to work under my dad or abuela and get their money. I wanted my own."

"Alright I'll let my boss know," She goes back into her office.

I put on my apron and my hat and go back out to the 'floor'. I was scheduled to work with my manager, the assistant manager, and two other guys from a different store.

"Hey wassup i'm Justin," One of them say to me, "From Nya's store over by the hospital."

"I'm Nigel," The other one says to me.

"Hi," I nod.

By this time there were no customers to be waited on. Drive thru was clear. And there were a couple sitting in the lobby minding their own.

"So i'm putting my two weeks in today," I say to the assistant manager, Kayla.

"Wait what forreal?" She raises her eyebrows.

"Mmhm. I'm making more money working with businesses meaning I can work from home just by posting pictures and sponsoring brands. Like wearing their clothing, makeup.. just promoting."

"Ahhh okay," She nods before taking a sip of her drink, "I thought it was because of the rapper guy," She laughs making me laugh.

"Rapper guy has a name. It's Pop okay?" I laugh before going to wait on a customer.

"Don't get so offensive. You know i'm a oldie. I don't listen to today's music but I have kids so I keep up a little."

12pm
"How you doing? How ya day going so far?" Pop asks while on facetime.

"We've been busy all day and I just wanna go home. I'm just now seeing your text. Haven't touched my phone since I woke up literally."

"Damn, want me to come get you?" He smirks making me laugh.

"I can't leave," I laugh more, "As much as I want to. I can't."

"You actually could. Just walk out," He laughs, "Nah i'm kidding. You got two weeks and after that you good and free mama."

"Facts," I sigh.

"Did anybody say anything about it? About you putting in your two weeks?" He asks.

"Y-Yeah, they're like 'aw we're gonna miss you' and 'we love you here' and blasé blasé and my assistant manager was like 'is this because of rapper guy' like first the fuck of all," I smile a little as he laughs.

"They gon be alright," He laughs more, "You'll be making three times more in a week on social media than what you do in a week at that job."

"Facts. They just think it's because i'm with you. Like they don't know how I move. They know my body!" I laugh making him crack up.