𝐏𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐚

Sunday Feb. 17. 2019
Ciela's House 📍
7:20am
"Y ya me contaron. Que te acomplejas de tu imagen y mira el espejo. Que linda eres sin maquillaje y si eres gorda o flaca," I sing while flipping a pancake.

I don't know why but I just felt like a whole mom. Waking up at seven in the morning, playing my spanish music making breakfast before church. This was my typa setting. Old soul.

I was making eggs, pancakes, and bacon.Still in the clothes I slept in and bonnet. All I did was wake up and brush my teeth.

"Y el corazón no tiene cara y te prometo que lo nuestro. Nunca va a terminar y el amor vive en el alma ni con deseos sabes que nada de ti va a caminar," I start to bachata before turning around to see Pop walking out his room smiling.

"So this is what you be doing huh?" He smiles as he folds his arms leaning on the doorway.

"I'm dancing bachata," I say making him laugh before I stop.

"Whatchu making?" He asks walking over.

"Bacon, pancakes, and eggs.." I list as he walks around the island, "It's almost done though.. I made five pancakes cause I only want one."

"Thank you baby," He bends down to kiss me, "I appreciate you."

"I appreciate you too," I kiss him again, "Is Papi up do you know?" I ask.

"Nah," He shakes his head before sitting down at the table, "Want me to wake him up?" He gets back up.

"I'll wake him up.." I groan walking away to go up the stairs. My brother's room was across from mine so it was right there. I walk in and he's dead asleep on his gaming chair with the remote in his hand, "Papi," I shake him before he groans, "Pap," I shake him again.

"Cinco minutosssss," He groans licking his lips, "Por favor!" He adds.

"You shouldn't have been on this damn game all night."

"C'mon let me sleep please."

"You miss church and you won't play this game today."

"Are you deadass?" He gets up, "Like forreal like that."

"Yeah like that. You can't keep doing this."

"Ci, i'm gonna be fine don't worry..." He trails off getting into his bed, "Now can you turn my light off?"

"Fine. But you're still not playing this game. I'll put your food in the microwave," I say before leaving out his room.

"Y'all aight?" Pop asks as I get downstairs, "What's wrong?"

"He's always up on the game mad late at night and falling asleep early in the morning he knows he can't be doing that."

"Why you so hard on him though, like this is what i'm telling you babe you gotta let him live life," Pop explains.

"He has epilepsy badly. So whenever he's lacking on sleep.. being stressed.. not taking his meds.. he could have a seizure. Like at any given moment or time and last time he had a seizure he went into a coma for a week. Like i'm not hard on him because I want to be it's because I have to be. I gotta keep him on top of his shit," I explain.

"So what's he doing right now? Is he going or you gonna let him get sleep?" He questions.

"I have no choice but to let him sleep. So it's just you and me!" I sit down beside him.

8:45am
I wore a long white sweater material dress, brown thigh high heel boots, and a white heavy cardigan.

"You look mad good," I look up at him as we walk on the sidewalk to get to the church.

"Whatttt you look mad fire right now and we only going to church!" He laughs making me laugh.

We walk up to the entrance and greet the people up front. As we walk further in some heads turned.

"Cielaaaa!" My pastor says, "How are you hon?" He asks as we hug.

"Doing good.. really good.." I trail off.

"New face. I'm Paster Willis, and you are?" He asks as they shake hands.

"Bashar," Pop clears his throat, "Bashar."

"Nice to meet you son," He nods at him, "So Ciela what happened last sunday?" He laughs, "We missed you here!"

"School and work. Life. You know pastor I am in my senior year and it's a lot going on!" I laugh making him laugh.

"I hear you! Can't wait to see you walk the stage and make your granddaddy and brother proud!" He says.

"Me neither," I smile.

"Alright I won't hold you two kids any longer, your grandmother and family are upfront, center."

"Thanks pastor," I say as we start to walk.

I swear he can TALK!

"Oh hey do you mind singing today?" He stops me in my tracks, "I won't just throw you up there if you're unprepared but last sunday was dull without you."

"Awh yeah okay, sure just let me know," I nod and smile before he walks away.

"Don't get me wrong he's cool and all but man he can talk," Pop laughs making us laugh.

"Word," I say as we continue to walk.

We walk up to the front where everyone was. My abuela, Jasmine, Baby Kk, Fivio, and my abuela's friends were.

"Hi baby!" My abuela turns around from talking to her two friends to hug and kiss me.

"Hola wella."

"And Bashar! Oh you two look so beautiful together!" She laughs as they hug and kiss eachothe's cheek.

"I know right," Pop laughs holding my hand.

"Ohhh," She looks down at our hands then back at our eyes making us laugh, "You two are together now?"

"Something like that," I laugh making them laugh.

She then makes me greet her friends before we go over to Jasmine and everyone.

"You singing today?" Jasmine asks as we get situated in the front row.

I sat in between Jasmine and Pop.

"You know he asked me to sing taking bout 'it was full without me' Pastor be lyingggg!" I laugh making her laugh.

"It was type boring without you. But listen sunday dinner at your house this weekend?" She asks.

"If you gonna help me cook!" I laugh as I see everyone getting seated.

"Ima come over around 3 I have to go food shopping."

"Yah cooking sunday dinner tonight?" Fivio turns to look at us from talking to KK.

"Yeah, we're going over to beba's at like three to start," Jasmine answers before the pastor gets on the stage.

"Goodmorning everyone!" The pastor says on the mic before everybody else takes their seat.

"Goodmorning!" Everyone says.

"You alright?" Pop asks putting his arm on the bench so that I could move in some.

"Yeah i'm good," I look up and smile at him making him smile.

"Today is a good day!" Pastor smiles down at me and Pop.