𝐈 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮

"So is that who you were on the phone with last night at the wedding? I didn't wanna say anything but I knew something was up," I sit back down on the bed.

"Yeah, letting me know I had a 'task' as she calls it to do," He sits on the bed beside me, "I don't like it—I hate it but—."

"So leave.. or something I don't know," I shrug.

"It's hard to leave something like that. Three, almost four years being affiliated with those people. It's real hard to leave, believe me I've been trying. I can't have a rap career and be working for a mafia. I can't. If I try to leave.. I don't know what niggas is gonna do."

"I'm sorry," I suck my teeth, "But you know you could've told me. You know we can talk about anything and everything under the sun."

"I didn't want to Ci that's what i'm tryna say," He laughs turning to look at me, "Telling you would mean getting you involved and that was the main reason why I never mentioned you to anyone. I mean the doggies know of course but no one in the mafia and the business knows about you."

"We post eachother on social media though, do they not have access to it or something?" I question.

"I have a double of everything. Shit i'm about to get another phone fucking with these people," He laughs, "But yeah, none of the people I deal with know about you and I wanna keep it that way I mean people still gonna know Pop Smoke ain't no city boy," He laughs as I laugh, "But you know just moving more careful and private."

"I'm scared..now.. I just went off on ya boss like that. Normally, I wouldn't really care for shit like that cause I felt disrespected but now I feel like she's gonna question you and come at you which is gonna make me come at her and we gon be added the fuck out," I say making him crack up, "No," I laugh a little, "Bashar i'm serious. Like all jokes aside, if you ever and I mean ever got something like that going on you can tell me. I'm still gonna be here for you."

"I know you're serious..you keep calling me by my government and you making me feel like i'm in trouble!" He laughs making me laugh.

"Causeeeee you act like ima leave you alone cause you involved with a whole ass mafia."

"No funny shit, I reallt thought you was," He laughs.

"Why you say that?" I ask.

"You remember when we first met? Actually, the night we met and we were talking about what we both did to make money and I told you I was a drug dealer?"

"Yeah," I nod.

"Then when we got to talking about Malik you kept coming at me for being involved with what i'm involved with. That right there made me think like i'm too young for this you know? I really got a whole life ahead of me. Nobody could get through to me like you did that night, on god. Like shorty just met me and she telling me 'be safe' and 'be careful' like it really stuck with me, you know.." He explains, "But I ain't know how far you was gonna go if I told you I was involved with a mafia."

"I don't know.." I take a big sigh and look away from him, "I just, always felt connected to you. Felt like I was getting a second chance to save somebody you know? When Malik got involved with drug dealing after my dad showed him it, I felt like I couldn't save him. I wasn't matured enough to realize what was going on forreal forreal. I was focused on how better he made both me and papi's life. Getting a brand new car, getting designer clothes..you know shit like that. Like he was really getting dirty money. Then when I had met you it was like God telling me 'here's your second chance' like you know how crazy I get when you don't answer the phone the first time or don't text back for a while..I really care about you. And that's coming from the heart. I reallt do care about you. And what we shared it's..different from what we shared with anyone else. You know about my birth mother, about Malik, you know all the flaws and now I know your flaws. Like I got you, you know that," I grab his chin, "Even if we fall out about some dumb shit..alguna vez..ever! You stuck with me now, whether you like it or not," I chuckle.

And I meant that. Wholeheartedly. Pop was one of the few people you come into contact with once in a lifetime.

We fell in love. We both were a little hesitant to physically say the words we both wanted to hear but we did. From the night we met, it was really like fate. I was meant to be there for some reason. It was the universe bringing him into my life.

"How I get so lucky?" He shakes his head, "Like forreal how you still with me?"

"Ask me again in a couple of months," I laugh a little.

I was still with him because he's the only person I've ever felt emotionally, physically, and spiritually connected with. In such a short time, we became one..literally.

When you seen me, you seen Pop or heard Pop. When you hear my name, you hear Pop's. We were always together 25/8.

"But I got you too. But you know that already," He looks up at me as I stand up from the bed.

"Yeah I know," I nod, "Just had to let you know i'm a real one on ya team."

"I don't like this," He starts cracking up confusing me.

"What?" I ask.

"Us being mad mushy gushy and shit. We from New York we posed to aggressive and hard heads. Not all this lovey dovey shit. Got me soft as hell," He rubs his chest making me laugh.

"I guess we ain't really from here then," I shurg getting closer to him making him laugh more.

"Byeeee," He lightly pushes me away making me laugh, "C'mere," He grabs my hand throwing me on top of him.

"I appreciate you," He moves my hair out of the way.

"I appreciate you too," I laugh before we kiss.

Saying 'I appreciate you' was our way of saying 'I love you'. No it wasn't too early in to physically say it but I think just the thought of physically saying would give confirmation that we were really young kids in love with eachother.

I , personally was avoiding saying it because Pop was taking off soon which would make it harder for when we broke up—because I knew it would happen.