𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐭 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬

"So my son tells me only so little about you.. he's always been private when it comes to relationships but you must mean more to him than you know if he's letting you meet his father or me! Speaking of his dad is out right now so you know.." She laughs making me laugh a little, "I haven't met any girl from Bashar at all so forgive me for barging in and asking a lot about you because it's all so new to me."

She reminded me of my grandmother a lot. Talk proper. Nice. Sweet. Just all around lovely.

"No no it's okay," I chuckle crossing my legs, "Uhm but I grew up very roughly I would put it. I was in a foster home from age two til twelve going on thirteen. I was split up from my brothers and my dad—it's a very long story i'm sure you don't really wanna hear too much about it."

"No no, Poppa takes very long to get ready we have time!" She fans her hand smiling making me laugh.

After telling her my story she was so invested. So apologetic like she had taken part in it.

"I'm very sorry."

"I feel like it happened for a reason..for what reason I don't know but God always gives his toughest battles to his strongest shoulders so in the end I know I will win," I explain as she nods her head in agreement.

"Had your biological mother every tried to get into contact or anything?" She questions.

"No," I shake my head, "And to be honest if she were to ever get into contact with me, I don't know if my family would accept that. I don't know how I would even accept that. Poppa, when I told him about it, said that I should find her and have like a sit down with her and talk our feelings out and see why things went the way they did."

"And he's right. He's absolutely right. I think you should have at least some clarity on why she did that so you can now move on in life. I can guarantee that if you ever decided to have a sit down with her, a weight off your shoulder will be lifted and you will no longer question life."

Her words and her wisdom were exactly like my abuela's. This was the pep talk I needed.

"You remind me a lot of my abuela you know.." I trial off making her blush.

"She's very wise huh?" She smirks.

"Very," I nod.

"So how did my son bag you?" She laughs making me crack up.

"He walked into my abuela's restaurant and she introduced us and ever since then we've been hanging out together and having fun. But what really like drew me to him was that he's so outspoken, and good with his words and is able to show emotion and be affectionate. He's able to have deep life conversations like the night we met, we talked for three hours straight learned way too much about eachother," I giggle, "But he makes me happy."

"I can tell! He seems happier these days. I was wondering what it was didn't know if it was business related or whatever.." She sits back in the couch making me laugh.

"Everyone's been telling me that. His friends, his female friends, even Obasi."

"Ohh you met 'O' before me and his father? He's so messed up for that!" She says making me laugh.

"It was because of timing. He told me you two were upstate and then sunday I had this dinner with my family and he brought Obasi with him so it was just in the moment."

"You cook?"

"I do. Too much. I've learned from family members. I'm jamaican, puerto rican and dominican so I cook a lot of different cultural foods."

"Oh wowww!" She smiles, "I like you! A young woman that can cook, goes to church on sundays, and is in her own lane at only seventeen years old? That's rare!"

"The women in my family are the same way. Very reserved, about their business you know? So I just take after them, I focus on my school work and just experience life.." I trail off.

"Do you plan on going to college?" She asks, "Or do you not know what you want to do after you graduate."

"Uhm it's hard because I wanna do a lot. I wanna sing, act, model, open up a store for my community, I wanna just go above and beyond. But as for college i'm still in the works of finding out."

3:30pm

"And this is him at three months old..with his grandmother."

"Oh my goshhhhh!" I smile.

She was showing me baby pictures of Pop and his brother before Pop had came back upstairs.

"Babe you were so cute when you were pequeño what happened?" I look up at him from the photo album making his mom laugh.

"Ha ha ha.." He smirks, "Why you showing her my embarrassing pictures ma?" He throws himself on the couch across from us.

"We are bonding, Bashar."

"We're supposed to bond over you am I right?" I smile up at him making him smile.

"That's right baby," His mom agrees with me as he laughs, "Oh and this is his first birthday party.. he had a Rugrats themed birthday party and I dressed him up as Chuckie.." She points to multiple pictures as I smile in awe.

"Muy guapo— uh he was so handsome.. still is but he was so adorable."

"You two would make some adorable grandk—."

"Oooookay ma," Pop gets up and fixes himself.

"He's crazy," I roll my eyes playfully as we both get up, "But it was really nice to meet you Mrs.Jackson," I say as we hug again.

"You should come over sometime like next sunday. I'm cooking, his aunties are cooking, feel free to bring something the more the better. It's gonna be great!"

"I will definitely definitely be here!" I nod smiling making her giggle.

"Okay!" She throws her hands up, "I'll let you kids go have your fun."

"I love you ma, I'll be back later on.. I'm gonna go to the stu tonight with Mikey and the doggies."

"Okay Poppa be safe, I love you.." She kisses his cheek and hugs him.

6pm
We ended up just getting some food from my abuela's restaurant and sitting outside my apartment building in the parking lot and eating and talking before I was to go inside.

"Your mom is so cute.. telling me stories about how you grew up and showing me the family photo album," I mention.

"I promise she's not always like that!" He laughs eating his food.

"I don't mind it," I shrug a little before taking a sip of my drink, "I mean we've got a lot in common and the biggest thing is you so i'm never bothered by it. And plus, my dad and step mom would most likely do the exact same thing to you when they meet you."

"I'm a little picky about the whole situation if you didn't catch on. Like I really don't bring anybody and everybody to meet my moms because like that's my mom!" He laughs a little, "Like that's my entire heart. Love her to death no questions so it may not seem like it but I really do appreciate that you're taking your time to get to know Bashar Jackson and not 'Pop Smoke' you know?" He asks as I nod in agreement, "I like that i'm not all rah rah with you you know?!" He laughs.

"I know! I get the soft side nobody else sees.. unless you seeing another bitch but you know."

"Don't start," He laughs making me laugh.

"I'm kidding."