𝐁𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐞et

Cameron 's POV
"Cameron! Aye kid! Long time no see!" Marvin smiles as I walk through the door, "How you been kid?"

"Good. I'm always good," I laugh making him laugh.

"How's your sister? Or everyone for that matter?" He daps me up.

"Good.. we been doing good Marvin but listen, i'm just going upstairs to grab some of me and Ci's clothes real quick then I'll be back down. I have church right now and you know how my abuela is about church," I laugh nervously.

"Yeah I remember tha—."

"Yeah, so listen ima need the key to the apartment. They said I can get my stuff but they never left me a key to get in."

"Oh no problem I got you, which one was it again?" He starts to look all around.

"Apartment 22."

"Ahh, here it is.. here you go kid," He dangles the key for a second before I quickly snatch it.

"THANKS MARVIN!" I shout as I run towards the elevators.

I had no time to waste. I had to get in and get out of I wanted to Ciela's laptop before either Luce or Haziel came back to the apartment.

"Yo, i'm in the elevator right now anybody coming?" I take my phone out my back pocket and say.

"No bro you good," Tjay answers, "Don't be paranoid."

"Word, it's all of us out here so you gonna be straight regardless," Pop says.

Once the elevator dings and stops on the right floor, I run towards the apartment door. I put the keys in the lock, twist and open it.

"Damn," I scoff shaking my head.

"What wassup?" Fivio says.

"They changed everything," I slowly walk inside, "There's no pictures of us on the walls anymore.." I trail off.

"Focus woo."

I go upstairs to where our old rooms were to find three big black trash bags outside each of our rooms.

I go into Ci's first. Her walls were painted pink, had a crib, and a few baby toys.

"She's pregnant?" I ask myself.

"Who? Luce?" Tjay asks.

"Yes bro, they turned Ci's room into a girls nursery. All of our shit out in the hallway in bags."

"Damn papi.." Fivio sighs, "Focus though, look for the laptop."

I look all around and under any furniture, no laptop.

"Not seeing it," I say.

I go back out into the hallway and open one of the trash bags. It was all of Ciela's stuff. Pictures of us, malik, some clothes and some actual trash.

"They we're gonna throw this shit away? They have a bag with pictures of me, Ci, and Lik and some of her clothes in it with actual fucking trash in it. Im just.." I drop my head below my shoulders trying not to cry.

"This is why one of us should've went up there," I hear Tjay say.

"Bro are you dumb, nigga Marvin would've known what was going on," Fivio snaps back at him.

"Listen Woo, I know it's all hitting you at once being back in that apartment but you gotta keep ya head high bro. You in a better situation remember that. Aight?" Pop explains, "Woo! You hear me kid?"

"I-I hear you," I pick my head up holding back my tears, "I gotta bring this bag with me though. There's no way they gonna throw this shit out."

"Aight, bring the bags and whatever else.. we gonna help just relax.." Fivio calms me down.

I go into another bag and see my stuff. All my old clothes and my shoes. I didn't even want any of it anymore.

I didn't want anything from that apartment reminding me of the toxic household I lived in for so long not realizing it was toxic.

I kept digging through all the bags with our stuff in it before finding Ciela's lap top smashed and broken.

The screen was cracked all the way, the tiles on the keyboard were off, and it was dented everywhere as if they threw it multiple times.

"Awh shit, niggas broke the laptop.." I suck my teeth.

"We can bring it to apple and just get her a new one, as long as they can back up the pictures and shit on there right?" Fivio asks.

"Yeah," Tjay answers.

"Alright, c'mon Woo hurry up downstairs."

I put the laptop in the bag with all the pictures in it and drag it downstairs and out the house. I take the keys and lock the door behind me and continue to drag the bag onto the elevators.

"Hey aren't you Haziel's kid?" One lady says to me getting on the elevator after me.

"No," I say.

"Yeah," She laughs nervously, "That would be impossible, his kids died last month in a car crash."

"W-What?" I look at her.

"Yeah his kids Cameron and Ciela they passed last month due to a horrible car crash they said. They've been getting rid of their stuff for weeks now because they don't want reminders of them or whatever.. I dont know.." She trails off, "But his wife is supposedly pregnant with twins isn't that crazy? Loose two kids and gain another two? That's crazy right? Eh, but what do I know.." She sighs as the elevator dings, "Have a good day kid," She walks off on the second floor and out of sight.

Once the elevator dings for the lobby floor, I quickly walk out.

"Nice seeing you kid!" Marvin shouts.

"You too!" I say back. I keep my head down as I kept dragging the bag out and finally to the car.

Pop pops the trunk and I lift the bag in. After closing the trunk, I just get right in the back seat. Everyone was silent just staring around at eachother not knowing what to say nor do.

"It really takes a lot for me to cry. I don't never cry unless it really hits me. And this shit is hitting right now.." I shake my head a little bit before letting a tear go down my cheek.

"It's aight bro, you got us and everybody else that's at church," Tjay throws his arm around me.

"He telling people we died," I look at all of them before wiping my face.

"That shit is super sad and super heartbreaking yo.." Fivio sighs loudly, "Them people really showing their true colors and it's sad."

"Mad sad," Pop turns around and looks back at me, "Don't cry Woo, I hate seeing you and ya sister down. C'mon," He puts the car in drive and pulls off.

"I gotta call Ci, I just need her to relax me.." I sniffle a little bit while taking out my phone to call her, "Hopefully she answ—."

"Papi whats wrong?" She picks up. She was in the church bathroom.

"Nothing nothing, I just wanted to talk to you."

"Estabas llorando, ¿estas seguro?" She asks.

<< You were crying, are you sure? >>

"Yeah i'm okay."

"When do you plan on going to the house?" She questions.

"Uhm well there's mad traffic right now so we're still on our way to get the gifts."

"Alright alright, as long as everything is good."

"Yeah we good, thanks Ci."

"Okay I gotta go papi, I love you be safe, Ima call you later."

"I love you too," I say before hanging up.

"You good bro?" Fivio looks back at me before I nod, "Aight we good let's go then."