𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

"It's alright," I say as I hold the menu up in front of my face, "Say something please," I mouth to Pop as he laughs.

"So how's Jersey?" He asks.

"Unh Unh, Ciela what's going on?" She pushed the menu down away from my face, "Huh?"

"Nothings wrong what you mean?" I laugh nervously as I look back down at the menu.

"Ciela," She raises her voice a little bit.

"Yooooo it's Pop and Ciela!" Someone says making all of our heads turn in the direction of the group of teenagers across from us.

It was two guys and two girls.

"You're so pretty in person oh my gahhh!"

"My favorite couple! Yo can we get a picture of it ain't too much to ask for?" One of the boys say pulling out his phone.

"I'm fine with it," I shrug looking back at Pop to see if he agreed or not, "Okay we can stand over here," I say.

As we all got into one big huddle I could sense Cedella getting annoyed by the fact that I they sidetracked us from having the one conversation I was trying to avoid.

"I really fuck with ya music bro."

"Preciate it cuz!" Pop laughs as he makes his way back to the table.

"So you gonna tell me what's going on or not?" Cedella fixes her posture, "I feel like it's something I need to worry about."

"No no it's nothing to worry about," Cameron speaks up, "We're fine. We'll be just fine."

"You sure?" She looks to me then Cameron.

"Positive," We both say in sync.

4:30pm

"So when welcome to the party dropped.. it just went dumb. Viral. I'm actually planning on shooting a music video for it soon, just gotta get the timing right and my connects.. connected or whatever," Pop starts explaining.

"That's nice," Tremaine nods his head, "I listened to it a few times-."

"Everyday but go on," Cedella interrupts making us crack up, "You do. He was playing it on the way to pick you guys up and switched the song because he didn't wanna look like a fan."

"See this is exactly why.." Tremaine shakes his head before laughing, "She just be blowing up my spot for no reason."

"But finish what you were saying," She laughs before sipping on her drink.

"Anyways, I really like the way you're trying to bring the whole 2000s vibe back. Like 50 cent. Anyone ever told you that you resemble him? You could be his son."

"I tell him this all the time!" I say, "Like you sure you not like related somehow. A distant family member or something.. and they both got the same last name."

"I wouldnt be surprised that when you get big, 50 would be like mentoring you."

"Shiii I hope he do!" Pop laughs.

Everything was going good. Good conversation. We were all getting along quickly with Tremaine.

He seemed to be very up to date with everything that was going on in our lives considering the fact that even though Cedella and I had been facetiming every day to check in on eachother I've never seen him around.

"So you graduate next month, what are your plans?" Tremaine looks up from his food and asks.

"I'm very indecisive so I don't know exactly what I want to do just yet."

"You have people coming up to you asking for pictures and you don't know what you wanna do?" He jokes making me laugh.

"Well, see that's different. That came with being a rapper's girlfriend and it's like once people start listening to an artist they get involved with their relationships and private life and I happen to be apart of that and we just gained like an image of like being the next 'hottest new couple' or whatever you know?" I explain as they nod their heads, "But personally, I don't know what I want to pursue a career in."

"I really want her to do something in the industry," Pop says, "Her voice is super crazy, it's like that ashanti 2000s vibe type of voice."

"Yeah, Ci's a fire as- excuse my language, but she's real nice at singing," Cam laughs.

"You sing?" Cedella's face lights up as she looks at Tremaine, "Me too," She smiles as I smile.

"I've always sang in church and just sang like kept it to myself-but everyone is like you should 'pursue a career' and blasé blasé," I nod as I go to eat my food.

"Does she get that from your side of the family?" Cameron asks, "I mean nobody on you know his side has like any type of talent," He laughs making them laugh.

"Oh yeah, your tias can sing like nobody's business. Never knew where our voices came from but you definitely got it from me."

"She be playing though, she has all the resources and connects and don't use them," Pop interrupts, "She got a whole lot of musically talented people around her and she doesn't choose to get in the studio herself. She's too busy putting everyone else on but herself-and she can rhyme. She's quick with it. Helped me out with some of my songs too, when it came down to it."

"You write songs or.." Tremaine trails off.

"No, and he doesn't write neither but we'll be in the studio and he'll say a line and feed off each others energy and I'll give him a line back."

"Ahhhh," He nods continuously, "So what songs did you help write? Welcome to the party?" He adds.

"He hates giving me my credits so-."

"Here she go," Pop scoffs before laughing, "Don't start," He laughs more making me laugh.

5:09pm
It was five already, the time was passing by so quick as we were all just talking and laughing.

Everything felt so natural and there were no forced conversations or laughs. It was surreal.

"Okay okay I know you guys are busy so you want us to take you back to Pop's mother's house or your house or wha-."

"Before anything," I look around for my purse, "This is our first time spending a holiday together that I can remember. No disrespect but I never actually had a mother figure in my life and these last two months having you in not only mine but papi's life has really been relieving I would say.." I trail off watching her smile and tear up a little, "I know today's especially special for you having your two kids back in your life whether it be us facetiming every day or hanging out and re-meeting us," I pull out a pink gift bag, "So happy mother's day from us to you."

Before we had left my abuela's house, I already had stashed Cedella's gift in my purse so that abuela wouldn't see.

I hand her the gift bag over the table. She was trying so hard not to cry but I knew how much it meant to her.

She already had luxury and didn't need nothing more so I had a picture of Malik, Cameron and I framed from a few years ago.

She covers her mouth and gets up from her seat. I get up with her and meet her on the side of the table. We instantly hug eachother.

"Thank you beba, thank you," She cries while kissing my cheek.