𝐆𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

6pm
"So how is your career going.. Bashar?" She asks.

At this point, we had our drinks and our food already. We had talked for two hours just explaining everything getting answers and putting pieces of the puzzle together.

Talking with Cedella, I realized half my life was a lie. My name was a lie. I had no idea I was part Trini, or from Canarsie. It was crazy. I really didn't know what to actually believe but she seemed like she was telling the truth.

I was mainly focused on how familiar I felt with her after only knowing her for two years but it felt like she was in my life every single day.

"It's...going..." He laughs making her laugh.

"He just got signed a couple of days ago," Cameron says.

"Oh that's amazing! To what label?" She asks.

"Uhm, Republic actually.. real big for me," He chuckles.

"Have you celebrated yet? I mean, that's real big how long have you been rapping?" She questions.

"Late 2019.. like a few months ago," He sits up, "But nah we haven't celebrated just yet, i'm waiting for the perfect time you know?"

"Yeah yeah, no I get it. That's amazing for you.." She smiles.

"Thank you," Pop smiles back.

"So, what do you wanna do when you graduate Ciela?"

"I don't know yet. I've been contemplating on what to do. I do want to travel over the summer after graduation in june then go to college but I don't know what to major in."

"Well whatever you want to major in make sure you take a business class. Always always always take a business class," She looks to Cameron, "Because your mind changes a lot in college and sometimes your dream job changes. So I'd say take a business class just to know how to manage a future business and how to handle all your money.." She trails off, "My sister, your tía Paola has a clothing store out in Fajardo.. and it's actually really taking off.. really popular in the community and she's working on expanding it to the capital and hopefully over here to the U.S."

"I wanna know about your side of the family," Cam speaks up, "Like how many siblings do you have. Their names. If we have cousins.. i'm curious."

"I knew you would be," She laughs, "And that's okay. So I have three older sisters which are Paola, Crystal, and Jessica. Paola has two sons named Angel and Luis they're both older than Ciela, 22 I believe. Crystal has one daughter named, Mariella she's Cameron's age. And Crystal's pregnant with her first.. we don't know what it is yet but she'll find out soon."

"I would've thought we had like at least twenty cousins," I laugh.

"Oh, between my friends and your tías' friends kids', you have more than that. Farajado is very small so we call almost everybody family over there. You two have to visit some time.. If that'll ever be possible.." She trails off drinking her soda.

"I think it would be," I shrug and look at Cam, "I mean, we would have to get passed the whole telling dad about it and then whatever happens after."

"I don't want your father knowing I met with you guys..he'll try to get an order for protection and then I won't get to see you two anymore," She explains, "I just got you back in my life, I don't need him nor Lucinda being involved to mess things up."

"We can keep this private but how would we meet up again without them knowing?" I ask.

"Just like this. Or, you can come to me.." She puts her purse on the table and starts going through it, "I want you to take my number—you should have it actually because I called a couple of days ago," She holds her phone and starts scrolling.

"Uhm," I take out my phone and go to my call log, "Yeah yeah I got it."

"Okay, save it please. I don't know how this'll work out but Im just grateful you two are in my presence and i'm getting to know you all over again. I want us to build a bond and a relationship and make up for the time but I won't push it.. I know you two have lives of your own with school and relationships and everything.." She smiles at Pop making him chuckle.

"Except me, don't forget me!" Cam laughs.

"Awww my baby, you stay focused on life! You're only fifteen, someone will come in your life sooner or later," She laughs making him smile a little bit, "Okay nena, I have to go to work.." She looks at her watch, "But text me? Call me? Facetime me?" She smiles a little, "You can call whenever you want."

"Okay," I say.

We all get up from the booth and talk a little more.

"Ima leave a tip. The waitress was mad cool about everything," Pop says taking out forty dollars.

"It was nice meeting you Bashar," She holds her hand out.

"Nice meeting you too, Mrs..." He trails off making her laugh.

"Reyes."

"Got it," He laughs.

"Ciela," She goes in for a hug before stopping herself and backing away.

"I'll call you later okay?" I hug her.

"We'll call you later," Cameron joins.

When I went to hug her it felt like nothing could touch me. Like I knew just by hugging her, I could trust her in a way. There was no bad gut feeling or second guessing.

"Are you crying? Don't cry," I chuckle before feeling tears come down my eyes.

"Happy crying, you have no idea how much you guys just made my day. Hugging my kids for the first time in fourteen years," She wipes her eyes, " She looks at the both of us and caresses our faces, "I'm a hot mess," She laughs, "Okay, call me later.." She smiles before walking away.

8pm
"Oh my gosh babe, I'm so happy right now you don't even know!" I say on the phone with Pop.

After everything that went down, Pop dropped us off at the house. We both had things to do in the morning so I couldn't sleep over his house.

"Nah nah, I hear you. Yah had me in the first half, I was confused how yah went from arguing to talking and being mad cool with eachother like the switch up was crazy!" He laughs.

"I don't know.. but now knowing like that first of all i'm puerto rican, dominican, jamaican, AND trini like i'm everything in the damn book!" I laugh making him crack up.

"I knew you had to be mix with something you kinda abusive.." He laughs.

"IM abusive? You say that like i'm a nigga beater," I say making him crack up, "We be play fighting so much cause you the one that starts everything."

"Cap."

"Not cap," I laugh, "No but forreal like now thinking about it.. my whole life been a lie. My name's been a lie. Nationality. Even my birth place."

"Shits mad crazy. That shit was giving me the chills like I was watching a scene straight out of a movie or some shit."

"Facts," I sigh.

"You called her yet?" He asks.

"Nah we've been texting though she's mad busy at work so she said she'll call me later on tonight when she gets off but, you still coming tomorrow right? For Luce's birthday party or whatever? Please come, I don't wanna be around them knowing what I know without someone there with me to know what I know if you know what i'm saying.." I laugh.

"I know what you saying mama," He laughs, "Ima be there. Let me know wassup."

"Alright, later be safe."

"Always, later and goodnight."

"Goodnight," I hang up.