𝐓𝐣𝐚𝐲 𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐬

Ciela's House 📍
6:40pm

"We haven't been to church in a minute, I think we should go tomorrow. It's mother's day. Everyone's gonna be there..." I trail off while seasoning the meat in the pot.

As I was starting to cook, Pop sat on top of the counter watching me and Cameron was upstairs playing his game.

"I can't, I gotta work. You should go though, with my moms and everybody. Who's gonna be there."

"Only the family," I answer, "You sure you gotta work though?" I look up at him making him laugh a little, "Like how long you gonna be gone for?" I add.

"I don't know yet. But Steven know tomorrow's mother's day. He not gonna hold me the whole day. I still gotta go pick up my moms and your grandmothers gifts."

"Ouuuu what you gonna get her?" I smirk.

"Well, i'm thinking about just giving my mom a bunch of flowers and a stack.. I don't know what to get-."

"Get her flowers, she really likes flowers.. like sunflowers to be exact," I explain, "What I got her.. I could just say it's from the both of us," I laugh as he laughs.

Before any of us could say anything else, Cedella was calling my phone. Before answering, I prop my phone up on the abobo seasoning container.

"Hey Beba," She smiles as I pick up, "You cooking?" She chuckles.

"Yeah, i'm making birria tacos."

"Birria tacos?! Who taught you how to cook!" She laughs making me laugh.

"Myself, and some people here and there but mostly myself," I laugh more.

"Beautiful, talented, and throws down in the kitchen definitely my daughter," She looks up at someone and laughs, "So, I'm in the city. Tomorrow, if it's not too much I want you and Cameron to come to dinner with my hubby and I. I can...pick you guys up.. or you can meet us there...whatever you wanna do. It's up to you guys," She explains.

"Uhm," I start seasoning the meat again, "You guys can pick us up...doesn't matter to me," I shrug my shoulder a little bit.

"Well what are your plans exactly tomorrow so I can know when."

"Well, i'm going to church in the morning. Afterwards.. i'll be home and get dressed, go to Pop's house for a bit to see his mom and you can pick us up from there?" I suggest.

"You haven't told your grandmother yet I see.." She sighs.

"I don't know how. There's family members that have mixed feelings about you, and I just don't know how to explain 'my birth mother found us and we met with her and we're given a whole different life story' and blasé blasé blasé ah ah.. you know what i'm saying?" I explain as she nods, "So, I just don't want chaos nor drama to start because I really want to get to know you and I know you want to get to know us and be apart of our lives."

"No I hear you.. but sooner or later it's gonna come up and you're gonna have to explain."

"I know," I nod continuously, "So..around eight you can get us.."

"Eight works for me. I'll call you later okay?" She says.

"Alright. Later," I smile before she hangs up, "Jeesh," I look back at Pop.

"She is right though.." He speaks up.

"I know I know," I roll my eyes, "Everyone in my family had this perception of her that's so negative and crazy that I cant just come out and say 'I met my birth mom' like no.. it's harder than it seems."

"Maybe if you invited everybody over and had everyone in the same room and had them talk things out."

"Unless you want a royal rumble in my living room.. I don't think that's happening," I laugh making him laugh.

"Hollon this Mikey," He licks his phone up answering Mikey's facetime call.

"Woo back!" Mikey laughs.

"Woo back! Wassup Woo!" Pop laughs.

*Knock Knock*

I wasn't expecting anyone to be over. Not the girls, not Tae. No one. Plus, abuela had a key so it wasn't her neither. When I went to the door, I made sure to look through the peep hole. It was Tjay.

"I come bearing gifts!" He laughs before hugging me and kissing my cheek.

He carried two bouquets of flowers, and three gucci bags with one Louis Vuitton bag.

"Whattttt who's this for?!" I smile as I close the door behind him.

"Who you think?" He laughs before setting it on the counter, "Wassup bro," He daps up Pop and hugs him.

"Wassup lil bro," Pop laughs, "Yo Mikey look who here!"

As the guys were talking and laughing with eachother I was just looking at the gucci bags.

"Go ahead beba, open them up. They for you!" Tjay laughs, "And those flowers is for abuela!" He laughs more.

"Gucciiii? What did I do?" I laugh opening up one of the bags.

"You know everytime I go shopping I gotta get you something," He chuckles, "And I havent been home and we rarely spend time together now a-."

"Awww if you miss me just say that," I say.

"Can you just open the gifts?" He laughs as Pop laughs.

It was a gucci purse, a pair of slides, a t-shirt and a LV purse.

"This was the one I been saying I wanted for the longest!" I laugh before hugging him, "Thank youuuu! I love you."

"I love you too Beba, i'm glad you like everything."

"I do," I turn around to turn the stove on, "But I know you ain't come here just for gifts.. you came to get some food. Well I just started cooking so it won't be done til like eight," I say before they both start cracking up.

"You making those mexican tacos?" He asks.

"Mmhm," I nod.

"Betttt. I got time," He shrugs making Pop crack up.

"What did you get your moms for mother's day?" I ask.

"I'm giving her some bands and ima do some fancy shit like get a boquet of mad roses and wrap them in all hundreds."

"Ohhhh that's fireee, just gave me an idea," Pop says.

"Right," Tjay nods before sitting next to Pop on the counter, "So who coming over tonight? I feel like everytime you cook, mad people show up," He laughs as we laugh.

"It's just us and abuela when she comes home from work," I laugh more.

"So what's the plans tomorrow? I know you gonna be working but beba," He looks at me, "I'm only here til tuesday, then I'm going to Chicago."

"Uhm, well I'm going to church then to go see B's mom.. give her my gift and then out to eat."

"Yah going out to eat? Where at? What spot?" He looks at me then at Pop.

I hesitated for a minute and just went back to cooking.

"Baebas.." Pop says before I look up at him. He gives me the look and nods.

"What yah on right now," Tjay laughs.

"I met my birth mom."

"What?!" He hops off the counter, "When? How?" He starts questioning, "Does papi know?"

"He knows.. B knows.. that's it."

"But when?" He raises his eyebrows.

"Back in.. April."