𝐋𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐆𝐞𝐭 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝

9pm
While Pop, my dad and two uncles were talking about me at their table, I was over at the food table.

"So you and Pop getting a room?" Anissa comes over and asks, "Make some babies tonight?" She nudges me before we both laugh.

"I didn't even think about that," I laugh more, "I'm seventeen, I be thinking i'm still too young for all this!"

"I bet yah be having sex all the time though..don't you?" She raises her brows before I nod and laugh, "Exactly. It really don't matter. Tell your dad and Luce youre staying at one of your friends houses and book a room! Me and Prince already did cause you already know what's gonna go down," She sips her liquor and laughs.

"Ima see. I don't know. How you like him though? I seen you talk a little earlier."

"He's handsome. Real charmer. Everyone likes his voiceeeee."

"I'm in love with his voice, like especially when he just waking up and boom he start talking like yes put a baby in me!" I laugh as she starts laughing, "But like i'm mad young and he's mad young. We not ready for all of that!"

"My mom had me at sixteen. Matter of fact, most of the adults you see in here had their firsts from like fifteen til eighteen so, you're right in the bracket."

"I don't wanna be in the 'bracket' though," I shake my head before Jasmine comes over with KK.

"What yah talking about?" She grabs a plate.

"Pop, you know the topic always on him!" I laugh.

"She over here saying she too young to get a room in the hotel," Anissa blurts out, "She can just tell Haziel she's spending the night at someone's and book a room."

"She's right, you grown now Beba. You don't even act like you're seventeen nor look like seventeen. And Pop look like a grown ass father. Yah just grown together!" She laughs making us laugh, "I'll tell your dad you're gonna stay at my house to babysit while I go to work even though KK's going to abuela's tomorrow."

It was like they wanted me and Pop to book a room so badly. Just seventeen year old me and nineteen year old Pop getting a room at one of the most expensive hotels in NY.

After talking with Anissa and Jasmine, I go back over to the table as Pop was sitting at the table talking on the phone.

"Yeah yeah, It's gonna get done don't worry. Yeah yeah, i'm with family right now I'll call you later," He hangs up.

"Everything cool?" I sit in my seat in front of him.

I watch as he locks his phone and slips it in his pocket, he avoids eye contact with me.

"Babe," I lean in a little, "What's wrong?" I lightly touch his chin to turn and face me, "Huh?" I furrow my brows looking deep in his eyes.

"Nothing nothing," He says before clearing his throat, "It's nothing. Everything's alright everything's cool."

I knew for a fact everything was not cool. Everytime he lied about anything whether it was in a playing matter, he'd look away and not make direct eye contact or he'd look down at his hands. I knew Pop way too well but instead of dragging it out, I just trusted him and his words and left it alone.

"O-Okay," I nod backing up a little, "So uhm, I was thinkin about the hotel we all stayed at last night and uhm.. we could get a room for the night.. I know you want to," I say making him blush.

"And how we gonna do that with ya parents?" He licks his lips.

"Ima tell them i'm staying the night at Jasmine's to babysit KK. So...." I trail off before smiling.

"Alright, you know i'm with whatever!" He laughs.

"Whatever whatever?" I smirk.

"Yeah whatever whatever. Whatever you wanna do. Whatchu said, "ima thot get me lit!" He laughs making me crack up.

"Shhh!" I push him a little, "And you giving me credit for that line when that song drops too, i'm your ghost writer now!" I laugh as he laughs.

"Of course! We gonna get this money together! No matter what though. But ghost writer? I don't think so, one line don't make you a whole ass ghost writer crazy ass!" He laughs making me laugh.

We kept talking for a little bit before Anissa was gonna throw her flowers to all the girls. And at this point most of us were seated at the tables.

"Y'all gonna go up there?" Fivio asks everyone at the table.

"I'm not going up there," Ella says.

"Why not? Stop being a debbie downer!" Tae says before me, Amiri and Jasmine stand up.

"I hope none of yah catch it," Mike says making the guys laugh.

"Especially Ci, if she catch it it's over!" Tjay laughs, "Niggas gonna plan the whole wedding TONIGHT!" He adds making Pop crack up.

"Leave me aloneeee!" I fluff out my dress before we all walk over to the other girls.

"CATCH IT JASMINE! CAUSE YOU AND FIVIO NEXT!" Someone shouts making people laugh.

We all gather behind Anissa as the Dj counted down from five on the mic.

Five! Four! Three! Two! ONE!

She throws it back and I catch it. Everyone claps and cheers, I look over at Pop as he was covering his face and laughing as all the guys were teasing him.

"Looks like Ciela is up next! Lucky lucky girl! Make sure to hire me as the dj for your wedding day sweetheart!" The dj says over the mic.

"I WILL!" I laugh.

"In honor of Ms. Ciela being the one to catch the boquet here is a requested song from a few people.." He trails off before 'Into You' plays.

My eyes lit up and my smile stretched from ear to ear as I started to bear the song playing and seeing Pop stand up and walk towards me.

Into you was our song. Our first house party we went to, we sang and danced to this. I sang this to him the first time we met. It was significant to our friendship/ relationship. And both Pop's and Fab's last names were Jackson so it kinda fit!

"Lets stay together you and me boy, there no one like you around ohhhh babyyyyy!" I sing to him making him blush as he threw his arms around me, "This our song right here!" I laugh.

"YEAH CI!"

"FAVORITE COUPLE RIGHT HERE!" Jasmine shouts making us laugh.

Me and Pop swayed back and forth on the dance floor as he sang Fab's part to me. Everyone's eyes were on us. And at this point, everyone could see Ciela was in love. I mean, I was.. very. Who wouldn't?

Our type of love though felt like the song. An early 2000s type of love. Like it was always a vibe with Pop since the beginning. We had spent every single day together at this point, getting comfortable and growing a deep connection and you could really tell real from fake and this was real.

It was a once a lifetime type of love you'll never get twice.