𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐮𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐬'

Ciela's house 📍
4pm

After church everyone went home to go change and get ready to come over. Pop included. He had to see his parents as they were coming back from visiting family upstate.

I was currently starting to cook the 'appetizers' just something to make for everyone as we wait for the main food to be done.

Chulitos, pastelitos, black bean soup and just fruits. I didn't wanna go all out and make a lot because it was only a few of us.. I made big amounts of everything though. Felt like my mom in the kitchen.

"Finally up?" I look up at Cameron as he walks down the stairs yawning.

"I feel sick.." He groans.

"C'mere," I say walking around the island and putting my hand on his forehead, "Ouuu you burning up papi..ima tell Pop pick up some ginger ale and crackers before he comes back," I walk back to the kitchen to check up on the last couple of empanadas I was making to put out on a plate.

"I'm cool though, when everybody coming?" He walks further into the kitchen before sitting at the table.

"Whenever."

"Who's coming?" He asks.

"Wella. Titi Berlin, and the kids. Titi Minnie and the kids. Melissa, Jahlil, and baby nique. Fivio, Jasmine, KK a—."

"Damn, what the hell!" He laughs, "That's mad people and for what!" He laughs more making me laugh.

"Wella invited everyone. It was just supposed to be us, Pop, Fivio and them but you know Wella be having to invite all her children and grandkids to every single little thing."

"Can D and Chris come?" He asks, "Are you inviting Tae and your friends?" He asks.

"They got their own things to go to. But yeah they can come," I say as Pop was calling my phone.

"I'm on my way right now, i'm coming with my brother."

Brother?!

"¡Claro que sí! Conoces a mi familia y traes a tu hermano—uh fair game babe," I say before he starts cracking up.

<< Of course you are! You meet my family and you bring your brother>>

"I have no idea what you just said but that shit sound sexy as fuck talk to me real quick," He licks his lips making me blush.

"I'm in the kitchen too!" Cameron shouts as I laugh.

"Cover your ears woo," Pop says making me laugh more, "Nah but I really want yah to meet forreal though," He nods before clearing his throat.

I prop my phone on the blender in the corner so that I could keep cooking and talking to him at the same time.

"Alright," I start seasoning my chicken in the bowl, "but uhm can you pick up some ginger ale and saltines for papi he got a fever."

"I got you. Ima call you when i'm there."

"Alright be safe later."

"Always, later."

4:43pm
By this time Jasmine, Fivio, baby Kk and my abuela were here. No word from Pop yet.

"It doesn't take that long to get from Brooklyn to Bronx," I say to Jasmine as we were talking in the living room.

"Maybe he's caught in traffic, you never know.." She shrugs.

"But not answering?" I squint my eyes a little.