Chapter 6 What? Part 26

(Katelyn’s POV)

Shann and Tris had been upstairs for ages and I was just sat on the sofa. I wanted to go upstairs and listen, but I knew Shann would tell me everything anyway. She wanted this to be fixed as much as I did. Just then, I heard the front door open and close and Abby ran into the room “where is he!” she whisper-yelled, I pointed up to indicate that he was upstairs “why? Is Shann with him??” she asked, I nodded and whispered “she’s getting him to talk.” Then Abby burst out laughing “this all sounds like one big interrogation thing. Soon we’ll be asking someone where the body is” she laughed, I joined in. We laughed for a few minutes, then we suddenly stopped when Shann came running down the stairs “hey Abby! Um… can I talk to you?” she asked, I looked behind her, but there was no Tristan. “Uhh… Sure” Abby hesitated, then Shann grabbed her arm and dragged her upstairs, leaving me alone on the sofa once again. I sighed and went on my phone. 3 missed calls from Rydel. I called her to see what was wrong.

Ring, ring. Ring, ring. Ring, r-

Rydel: hello?

Me: Hey Delly. What’s up? Why did you call me?

Rydel: Oh! Um… well Ross told me that you were still really sad about… Brad, so I just wanted to see if you wanted me to do anything?

Me: But you’re in America

She hesitated for a second then mumbled

Rydel: I just wanted to know

I sighed, I knew she was trying to be there for me, it was hard since she lived so far away

Me: sorry. I know you’re trying to be a good friend. I’m just stressed. Do you want me to tell you our plan so far?

I asked, I knew that she hated being left out, and this was a great way to catch up. Plus, she was older than us and she was the most responsible one. She would be great at giving advice in this situation.

Rydel: Plan? What plan?

Me: well…

After I explained, there was a long pause. I could tell that she was thinking of something to say

Me: yeah… It’s not the best idea, but we all want this to just go away. If we know what’s wrong, then that gives us a better chance of fixing it

I blurted out the last bit, hoping that it would affect her comment that she was about to say, but it was still not what I was hoping for

Rydel: he’s not ready. He’ll fix it when he feels better about this. Why won’t you all realise that?

She sounded quite annoyed, but I still wanted to convince her that this was good… even if she was right

Me: Delly, it’s been over a month! This needs to stop

She sighed and I could tell that she had already had enough

Rydel: Fine, do what you want. You know I’m right! But I do want this to end… just don’t push him too much!

Me: thanks Delly –

Just then, Abby walked into the room and signalled for me to follow her, then walked towards the front door

Me: -um… I have to go. Talk to you later?

Rydel: okay, yeah sure. Just remember what I said

Me: yeah, I will. See ya

I hung up and ran to where Abby was “what are you doing?” I asked her as she was putting her shoes on “what do you think I’m doing?” she said sarcastically, I rolled my eyes playfully, then grabbed my shoes “where are we going?” I asked, she looked up at me with a confused expression “we’re not going anywhere. I’m just going around the corner to pick up a pizza, get some Starbucks and Shann wants me to go food shopping cause she’s with Tris” she explained, then reached for her coat. I stood in her way and shook my head “no. I’m going with you! I’m sick of being left on my own. Plus you literally just went out to get stuff, why are you going again?” I asked “because Shann forgot to give me the list of food that we need, I got the stuff for snacks. And fine, if you have to” she sighed, walking out of the door while I grabbed our coats form behind me and followed her.