Chapter 15 Thank you, part 71

I followed him to the very back of backstage and there, stood next to the exit door, was Tristan. I stopped dead in my tracks and my mouth opened a little. Tears started to form in my eyes at the memory of the last time I saw him and I didn’t know what to do. A part of me wanted to run for the hills and another wanted to run up to him and hug him and apologise. Zayn turned around to look at me and then sighed. He quickly walked up to me and took my hand “I’ll be here the whole time. Don’t worry. If he says or does anything I’ll protect you, but I doubt he will.” He paused for a moment as looked away from Tris and looked into his eyes with tears in mine “do you trust me?” he whispered, I nodded as I wiped away my tears. He them tightened his grip on my hand a little and we began to walk over to Tristan. He didn’t notice us at first, but then he did a double take at us and he ran up to us. Zayn instantly let go of my hand as Tris ran up to me, then he opened his arms as if he was going to hug me “Shann” he said, just as he was about to hug me, but I stepped back, not really wanted to hug someone who called me and my best friends a ‘bunch of bitches’. He looked at me sadly and then put his arms down “Shann… I’m sorry about what I said” he started, but I put my hand up slightly so that he would stop “I’m sorry isn’t going to fix it. You called me a bitch and everything you said hurt me. So you need a damn good apology to make this friendship work” I snapped “so, we’re really just friends?” he looked at me really hurt and then looked at the floor “yes. Look, I’m sorry but I just didn’t feel it anymore for us” I quickly explained “well I do” he muttered “I like Ashton” I quickly blurted out, trying to change the subject so we could get to the main issue, since there wasn’t much time left. He looked up at me with a shocked expression “what?” he breathed “I’m sorry. But it just happened and I just- I think we’ve always been better as friends” I admitted, he nodded slightly “I said those things because Brad is one of my best friends and I was shocked that you slapped him” he whispered and I sighed “I was mad at him. He was being cocky and I just lashed out. You know I’m that sort of person. I’m sorry for slapping him” I apologised. I thought he was supposed to be apologising to me? “It’s okay. I’m sorry for saying those things. I didn’t mean them and I never will. Please, will you forgive me?” He asked, now that was the apology I was waiting for “I forgive you” I nodded, grinning at him. He grinned back and opened his arms “so can I have a friendly hug now?” he asked, emphasising the word ‘friendly’ “yes” I nodded, and I walked into his open arms, wrapping mine around his waist. Suddenly, I was tapped on the shoulder. I pulled away from Tris and turned around, only to face an unfamiliar man that was standing way too close to me. “You’re going on in 3. You need to get ready. The other girls are already there” he explained while I looked at him confused. When I finally realised that he worked at the O2, I nodded and began to run off to where we would be coming on stage, but then I quickly ran back to Zayn “what are you doing!?! You’re on soon!” I exclaimed “thank you” I quickly said, I thought I should tell him thank you now because it just felt right. He grinned down at me and I mirrored it “you’re welcome. Anything for a friend. Now, go on” he chuckled, pointing in the direction I was supposed to be going. I quickly gave him a short hug and then I ran off “see you in a bit” I called as I ran.