Chapter 15 Thank you, part 73

(Katelyn’s POV)

As soon as the concert ended, we all went off stage and all I could hear was ringing in my ears. The rush was unbelievable. But, before I could even let this all sink in, I had to find Brad. The man had rushed me off to get into place before I’d said anything to him and I needed to tell him how I felt. Suddenly, I felt someone grab my hand as I was speed walking through backstage. I whipped around and saw that it was Brad “where were you going?” he asked, I could tell that he thought I was trying to get away from him, he thought that I was now freaked out. I sighed and quickly pulled him into a hug “Brad, I-“I started, but he cut me off by gently pushing me off him “I don’t need your pity hug. If you don’t like me, just say it. It only makes it worse if you do that. Just give it to me straight” he said, trying to act manly, but I knew him too well, and he only acted like that when he was hurt, but wanted to hide it. “Brad… it wasn’t a pity hug” I whispered, he looked at me confused and I bit my lip “then, what was it?” he asked “a hug. I have missed you, you know” I explained, with a nervous laugh at the end, which made this 10 times more awkward. “And… I…I” I stuttered, Brad was now looking deep into my eyes and I knew that he was hoping for a certain answer, which I hoped was the one I was about to give him “I like you too, Brad” I finally admitted, I tried to look away from him, but his beautiful eyes were just so hypnotising that I couldn’t. Then, he finally smiled wider than I had ever seen him smile before. “Are you serious?” he asked in an extremely happy voice. I nodded, then a smile grew on my face as big as his when I realised that this was happening. But, before I could process anymore, he crashed him lips against mine and kissed me, I quickly kissed back and it felt so right. The happiness inside me was almost burning me, it felt like the sun was glowing inside me and I couldn’t help but smile threw the kiss. We both finally pulled away and he leaned his forehead against mine. He both gazed into each other’s eyes, breathless, as we looked for the words to say. As I looked into his eyes, I realised all the things I had never said to him before, everything I couldn’t tell him, I now could. And the first thing that I needed to say was “thank you” I whispered, I knew he didn’t know what I was talking about the second I said it, but my confidence was still high “for what?” he asked, more amused than confused. Our eyes never left each other’s and I took a deep breath, even though it wasn’t necessary, but it calmed my breathing down. I looked away from him for a split second, then looked back into his eyes. Knowing that this was all because of him. Everything was because of him. Ever since the beginning. “For making me get on that deck that day at my house” I grinned at him. He grinned back and then kissed me again. “You’re welcome” He mumbled against my lips. I let a giggle escape and then I wrapped my arms around his neck. Nothing could ever be more perfect than this moment. Time was frozen and it felt like it was just him and me. Nothing else mattered. This was everything I wanted, right here, right now. This was the beginning of something that would change everything.

THE END