Chapter 10 Never again, part 50

When we got on stage, we performed only a few of the songs we were actually performing on the night, just because Simon wanted to get the boys to practise sooner. So we only performed All about that bass, Shake it off, really don’t care and Blank space.

All about that bass

All: because you know I’m all about that bass, ‘bout that bass, no treble. I’m all about that bass, ‘bout that bass, no treble. I’m all about that bass, ‘bout that bass, no treble. I’m all about that bass, ‘bout that bass.

Me: yeah it’s pretty clear, I ain’t no size two. But I can shake it, shake it like I’m supposed to do.

Ellie: ‘cause I got that boom boom that all the boys chase. And all the right junk in all the right places.

Abby: I see the magazines working that photoshop

Shann: We know that sh*t ain’t real. Come on now, make it stop. If you got beauty beauty just raise ‘em up.

All: ‘cause every inch of you is perfect from the bottom to the top

Me: yeah, my momma she told me don’t worry about your size. She says, boys like a little more booty to hold the night.

Shann: you know I won’t be no stick-figure, silicone Barbie doll. So, if that’s what you’re into then go ahead and move along.

All: because you know I’m all about that bass, ‘bout that bass, no treble. I’m all about that bass, ‘bout that bass, no treble. I’m all about that bass, ‘bout that bass, no treble. I’m all about that bass, ‘bout that bass.

Shake it off

Intro

Ellie: I stay out too late. I got nothing in my brain. That’s what people say, Mmm mmm. That’s what people say, mmm mmm.

Me: I go on too many dates. But I can’t make them stay. At least that’s what people say, mmm mmm. That’s what people say, mmm mmm

Abby: But I keep cruising. Can’t stop, won’t stop moving. It’s like I’ve got this music, in my mind. Sayin’ it’s gonna be alright.

All: ‘cause the players gonna play play play play play. And the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate. Baby, I’m just gonna shake shake shake shake shake. Shake it off, I shake it off. Heartbreakers gonna brake brake brake brake brake. And the fakers gonna fake fake fake fake fake. Baby, I’m just gonna shake shake shake shake shake. Shake it off, I shake it off.

Really don’t care

Intro

Shann: You wanna play, you wanna stay, you wanna have it all. You started messing with my head until I hit a wall. Maybe I shoulda known, maybe I shoulda known. That you would walk, you would walk out the door, hey!

Abby: Said we were done, and met someone and rubbed it in my face. Cut to the part, she broke your heart, and then she ran away. I guess you shoulda known, I guess you shoulda known. That I would talk, I would talk.

Me: But even if the stars and moon collide, I never want you back into my life. You can take your words and all your lies. Oh, oh, oh I really don’t care.

All: Even if the stars and moon collide, I never want you back into my life. You can take your words and all your lies. Oh, oh, oh I really don’t care. Oh, oh, oh I really don’t care.

Blank space

Intro

Abby: Nice to meet you, where you been? I could show you incredible things. Magic, madness, heaven, sins. Saw you there and I thought, oh my god, look at that face. You look like my next mistake. Loves a game, want to play?

Ellie: New money, suit and tie. I can read you like a magazine. Ain’t it funny, rumours fly. And I know you heard about me.

Shann: So hey, let’s be friends. I’m dying to see how this one ends. Grab your passport and my hand. I can make the bad guys good for a weekend.

All: So it’s gonna be forever, or it’s gonna go down in flames. You can tell me when it’s over, if the high was worth the pain. Got a long list of ex-lovers, they’ll tell you I’m insane. ‘Cause you know I love the players and you love the game. ’Cause we’re young and we’re reckless. We’ll take this way too far. It’ll leave you breathless, or with a nasty scar. Got a long list of ex-lovers, they’ll tell you I’m insane. But I’ve got a blank space, baby. And I’ll write your name.