Shade#239 (S12): Eidetic

CUT TO: RIVERDALE, 5 STAR HOTEL

INT. ASTERIO'S BEDROOM - NIGHT

ASTERIO SITS ON THE EDGE OF HIS BED IN HIS ROOM WHILE LOOKING AT THE DISPLAY ON HIS CAMERA. VISIBLY UNEASY AND SWEATING, ASTERIO SITS HIS CAMERA DOWN BEGINS RUNNING HIS FINGERS THROUGH HIS HAIR.

[Asterio]

(Rambling to himself)

This shouldn't be happening. I promised myself that I wouldn't renege on my progress! How could I allow myself to be ensnared again? But... what I saw, if only I would have had my camera at the ready... this wouldn't be happening!

ASTERIO FALLS TO THE FLOOR AND BEGINS HYPERVENTILATING.

[Asterio]

(Rambling to himself)

No, Asterio! No!! You can't allow your art to control you! Everything could be lost because of one atrocious decision. But... my art... what the world is in peril of being uninformed of... can I really stand that? If they don't see it, if they don't see what I see... the thought is unbearable!

ASTERIO FLIES INTO A FIT OF HYSTERIA AND BEGINS TO DESTROYING HIS ROOM. AFTER HE STOPS HE BEGINS TO WALK TOWARDS HIS CAMERA BUT STOPS.

[Asterio]

(Rambling to himself)

No... I don't need it. I can see it clear as day! Just... one more time! I will give into this mania one last time and it will be the last time! The world must know this art the way that I know it. I will make them see!

CUT TO: THE NEXT DAY, ANGELWOOD HIGH SCHOOL

INT. LIBRARY - NOON

DRAY SITS AT A COMPUTER IN THE LIBRARY LOOKING AT HOCKEY HOODIES WHEN SOME KIDS WALKING BY STOP TO LOOK AT HIS SCREEN. WHEN DRAY NOTICES THEM HE TAKES OFF HIS HEADPHONES AND TURNS TO FACE THEM.

[Dray]

What's up? Can I help you with something?

[Student#1]

Nah, I was just checking out your screen. What team is that?

[Dray]

The San Jose Sharks. They're a hockey team.

[Student#2]

Hockey? What the hell are you looking at hockey for? Do you play hockey?

[Dray]

Nope. Don't even watch the sport but the hoodie is pretty cool.

[Student#1]

It's not bad.

[Student#2]

Nah, it's trash man. You've got the NFL and the NBA and you can't pick from either of those?

[Dray]

I mean but none of them have cool hoodies.

[Student#2]

But... it's hockey.

[Dray]

Yeah. So what?

[Student#2]

And black people don't play hockey.

[Dray]

Yeah, but... I like the hoodie.

[Student#2]

But it's hockey!

[Dray]

Oh, I see what's goin' on here. Do you like soccer?