Shade#231 (S11): Vox Populi

CUT TO: POLICE STATION

INT. OUTSIDE OF INTERVIEWING ROOM - NIGHT

COMMISSIONER ELDER AND ANOTHER COP LOOK INTO THE INTERVIEWING ROOM THROUGH THE TWO WAY WINDOW AT HEIDY WHO IS SITTING DOWN AT THE TABLE.

[Commissioner Elder]

So, what's the story?

[Officer Serrano]

Shade rescued her from a kidnapping attempt in the heights. She was a witness to something they want to keep under wraps.

[Commissioner Elder]

Of course, Shade had something to do with this.

[Officer Serrano]

At the time of the attempted abduction, there was an undercover cop who was with her. From reports, they were waiting for an escort but one of the gang members saw them leaving the fitness gym where she was, tailed them to her house where they were going to wait, then ascertained that Joe was undercover. All in all, I'd say he's lucky to be alive and if Shade wasn't there she definitely wouldn't be here right now.

[Commissioner Elder]

I don't want to hear anything about Shade right now.

[Officer Serrano]

She seems rattled. If we want her to convey her thoughts clearly perhaps we should make her feel more at ease.

[Commissioner Elder]

What did you have in mind?

[Officer Serrano]

Coffee, everyone loves coffee, right?

[Commissioner Elder]

Sounds like a plan. Bring one for me as well. And don't skimp on the cream and sugar.

OFFICER SERRANO LEAVES TO GO GET THE COFFEE AND WHEN COMMISSIONER ELDER LOOKS TO THE TWO WAY MIRROR HE SEES THAT HEIDY IS LOOKING AT THE MIRROR FLUSTERED.

CUT TO: INTERVIEWING ROOM

INT. INTERVIEWING ROOM - NIGHT 

HEIDY LOOKS DOWN AT THE TABLE THEN AROUND THE ROOM.

[Heidy]

(To herself)

What in the world is going on? It feels like I've been in here forever.

COMMISSIONER ELDER AND THE OFFICER SERRANO WALK INSIDE. THE OFFICER SERRANO THEN HANDS DISTRIBUTES THE COFFEE AMONGST ALL OF THEM. 

[Heidy]

I didn't know that this was going to be a party.

[Comissioner Elder]

You shouldn't think of things that way. Truth be told, I just wanted to make you feel more at ease. You seemed shaken up.

[Heidy]

Who wouldn't be?

[Comissioner Elder]

That's a valid point. But you're safe now.

[Heidy]

How can I be so sure? I thought that I was gonna be safe with Joe but that didn't turn out all that great.

[Officer Serrano]

I can promise you that won't happen again. We're taking extra precautions so that we can ensure that, if you so choose, you will be able to testify in court.