Shade#276 (S13): Reunion

CUT TO: DOWNTOWN DISTRICT

INT. POLICE INTERROGATION ROOM - MORNING

JACOB SITS ACROSS FROM NOIS IN AN INTERROGATION ROOM. WHILE JACOB LEANS FORWARD ONTO THE TABLE WITH AN INTENT EXPRESSION NOIS LEANS BACK IN HIS CHAIR LOOKING AWAY FROM JACOB WITH A CALLOUS EXPRESSION ON HIS FACE.

[Jacob]

So, Zane, what was up with the whole Mapinguari deal? You were chasing after that girl on main street. What for I wonder.

[Zane]

I thought I told you I didn't have anything to say.

[Jacob]

Yeah, I heard you. I just want to set some things straight that's all. We were able to match blood samples from you and the creature that you were. I mean I never thought I'd see the day but from what I've heard you were doing the bidding of an evil witch? This all sounds very confusing.

[Zane]

That's what your job is all about right? You make sense of the confusion. You're telling me that you can't figure this out.

[Jacob]

Well, I've got the edges of the puzzle but the filler is missing.

[Zane]

I told you, I've got nothing to say.

[Jacob]

Not even if I told you that Celeste told us that you nearly killed her mother's boyfriend?

[Zane]

What are you talking about?

[Jacob]

That's right. Celeste had been known in the past to run away from home and this time when she got caught the book was coming down on her. She needs as much wiggle room as she can get and she told us that you showed up out of the blue and just attacked the poor guy.

[Zane]

You're lying.

[Jacob]

I thought that you didn't have anything to say. It sounds like you want to say something.

[Zane]

Now, I know you're lying!

[Jacob]

It's 50/50. All I know is that I've talked to the guy and he does not seem like a pleasant fellow. He's gonna be looking to press a lot of charges and, this is just me, but I would just like to have it on the record that nothing that Celeste is saying is the truth if I were you.

[Zane]

No. No! I get a lawyer, right? I'm not saying anything else until I get a lawyer!

CUT TO: DOWNTOWN DISTRICT

INT. INTERROGATION ROOM - MORNING

MICAELA SITS ACROSS FROM SNOWPACK WHO SITS WITH HER HANDS INTERLOCKED ON THE TABLE TRYING TO KEEP HERSELF INDIFFERENT.

[Micaela]

Adelyn, you were manipulated from what I'm able to gather. You faced a rough patch in your life and this witch offered a quick fix for your help in trying to abduct a young lady. Would you care to elaborate on the facts?

[Adelyn]

This isn't going to work. This good cop routine. If you've got something to book me with then do it. My life was hell before this and it'll be hell after.

[Micaela]

It doesn't have to be. I want to help you but I can't help you unless I have a good case. I need to know the facts.