Shade#264 (S13): Mystery

CUT TO: SOUTH MAIN ENTERTAINMENT DISTRICT

EXT. TORIA'S CAR - AFTERNOON

TORIA PULLS INTO THE PARKING LOT OF AN ESCAPE ROOM AND PARKS IN A PARKING SPACE. TOMI, WHO HAS HER EYES CLOSED, SITS IN THE BACKSEAT WITH DRAY AND FEELS THE CAR COMING TO A STOP.

[Tomi]

Okay, now, I'm sure that we've come to a stop. Can I open my eyes now?

[Dray]

Yeah, go for it.

TOMI OPENS HER EYES AND SEES THAT THEY ARE IN THE PARKING LOT OF AN ESCAPE ROOM.

[Tomi]

What? No way!

[Dray]

Yeah, I knew that you wanted to go so I reserved a time for us.

[Tomi]

This is awesome!

[Toria]

You two have fun.

[Dray]

We will and thanks for the ride.

[Toria]

No problem.

DRAY AND TOMI GET OUT OF THE CAR AND WALK INTO THE ESCAPE ROOM BUILDING.

[Tomi]

Oh my gosh! Which one are we doing?

[Dray]

I reserved a time but I figured that it be better to let you decide which one you wanted to do.

[Tomi]

They have so many good choices. Can we do them all? I kinda really want to do all of them.

[Dray]

Trust me, if I had the money, we would.

[Tomi]

Dang, that sucks. Hm, let's see. They have a spy, a horror room, and a detective room. Everyone wants to be a detective because everyone wants to be the hero, but it's so cliche. Being a spy, I don't think I would like that one very much because you're not actually stealing anything or ruining anyone's plans, so where's the fun in that? I guess we should go with the horror room because if there's anything that real in any of this it's the fear.

[Dray]

Okay, let's do it.

DRAY AND TOMI WALK UP TO THE COUNTER, THE CLERK LOOKS UP FROM THE COMPUTER CHEWING BUBBLEGUM WITH A VERY DISINTERESTED LOOK ON HER FACE THEN SIGHS.

[Clerk]

(Impassively)

Welcome to "Break Free" where you face the challenges of a nerve-tingling, exhilarating race against the clock! Which escape room are you guys looking to check out?

[Tomi]

The Mad scientist escape room, please!

[Clerk]

(Impassively)

Oh, what a magnificent choice. Who knows what twisted schemes the mad scientist will try and impose on you? Let's see if you can match wits and outsmart this maniacal maven that madly makes a mockery of method and maybe a murderer. That'll be $55. 98.

[Dray]

Okay.

[Tomi]

 (To Dray)