Shade#288 (S14): Disclosure

CUT TO: DOWNTOWN DISTRICT

EXT. CAPITAL HOTEL - NIGHT

THE COUPLE THAT WAS HOLDING THE YOUNG GIRL HOSTAGE IS ESCORTED OUT OF THE CAPITAL HOTEL BY POLICE, PUT INTO THE BACK OF A SQUAD CAR, AND TAKEN AWAY. JACOB APPROACHES SHADE WHO'S STILL INSIDE OF THE HOTEL LOOKING AT THE YOUNG GIRL.

[Jacob]

Hey, would you mind explaining how you discovered this?

[Shade]

I was following Crisis.

[Jacob]

Who?

[Shade]

She's responsible for the blackouts in the Riverdale district, was hired by someone to air out rich people's laundry, and is currently knocked out on a roof. That reminds me.

SHADE OPENS A PORTAL, WALKS THROUGH IT, RETRIEVES CRISIS, AND BRINGS HER BACK TO JACOB.

[Jacob]

What do —?!

[Shade]

Check her tech. She had a drone recording the scene from the window. If I hadn't found her it most likely would have ended up in the news and who knows what would have happened to the girl.

JACOB HANDS CRISIS TO ANOTHER POLICE OFFICER.

[Jacob]

Get here back to the station.

[Police Officer#1]

Right.

JACOB JOINS SHADE AGAIN WHO STILL SEEMS TO BE FIXATED ON THE YOUNG GIRL.

[Jacob]

What's so special about her to you?

[Shade]

I'm trying to establish a connection. Crisis has information on these people but I don't know how and I don't know why. What were the names of the people holding her hostage?

[Jacob]

Look, Toria talks to you about that kinda stuff. You know that I can't—!

[Shade]

Look, man, I have a pretty solid lead and I need more information to make sure that it can stick. Those mongrels are bound to have a lawyer before you can even question them and if they could get a room here they're most likely moneyed.

[Jacob]

I thought your whole deal was that you wanted this to be legit.

[Shade]

I wanted the arrest to be legit and it was.

[Jacob]

Yes. Now, you can let us do our jobs.

[Shade]

Standing around until they find some sort of loophole to manipulate. Yeah, that's some hard work you're putting in there.

[Jacob]

Look, I don't have to let you stay here. You did good work, we made an arrest, and we'll get information out of them with the evidence we have. Just for shits and giggles, what do you think is going on?

[Shade]

I imagine that they're a rich couple who have put up a good front in moral standing obtaining some sort of prosperity and whilst doing so they've lost the power of obscurity. So they pull stunts like this to get some of that power back.