Shade#277 (S14): Skip out

CUT TO: WEST BEDROCK DISTRICT

EXT. MOUNTAIN TRAIL - NIGHT

AN UNKNOWN TEEN RUNS ON A TRAIL AT NIGHT, HEARS AN UNKNOWN FIGURE CHASING AFTER HIM, AND LOOKS BACK TO SEE HOW CLOSE THE FIGURE IS. THE UNKNOWN TEEN SEES THAT THE UNKNOWN FIGURE IS ABOUT TEN FEET BEHIND HIM AND ITS RED EYES PEIRCE THROUGH THE DARKNESS AS IT CONTINUES ITS PURSUIT. THE UNKNOWN TEEN TURNS FORWARD AND CONTINUES RUNNING, PUSHING HIMSELF HARDER TO ATTEMPT AN ESCAPE FROM HIS PURSUER. SUDDENLY THE  UNKNOWN TEEN IS TACKLED FROM BEHIND BY THE UNKNOWN FIGURE, ROLLS DOWN A HILL, SCREAMS OUT IN PAIN AND THERE IS SILENCE. THE CLOUDS OVERHEAD MIGRATE ALLOWING THE MOON'S LIGHT TO ILLUMINATE THE DARKENED FOREST REVEALING THAT TOMI HAS CAPTURED THE UNKNOWN TEEN AND IS CONSUMING HIS BLOOD.

CUT TO: RIVERDALE DISTRICT

INT. TOMI'S BEDROOM - NIGHT

TOMI WAKES UP FROM HER NIGHTMARE AND LOOKS AROUND THE ROOM. TOMI BREATHES HARD AND SWEATS BUT CALMS DOWN ENOUGH TO LAY BACK DOWN. TOMI THROWS HER ARM OVER HER FOREHEAD IN FRUSTRATION ATTEMPTING TO GO BACK TO SLEEP.

[Tomi]

(To herself)

What the hell is the matter with you Tomi? You're supposed to be passed that!

 CUT TO: WEST BEDROCK DISTRICT

INT. ANGELWOOD HALL - MORNING

AS TOMI WALKS THROUGH THE HALL SHE ACKNOWLEDGES PEOPLE WHO GREET HER.

[Girl#1]

Hey, Tomi!

[Tomi]

Hey.

[Boy#1]

Hi, Tomi!

[Tomi]

Hi.

[Girl#2]

Hello, Tomi.

[Tomi]

Hello.

TOMI ARRIVES AT HER LOCKER, TAKES SOME BOOKS OUT, AND FEELS SOMEONE TAPPING ON HER SHOULDER. TOMI TURNS TOWARDS THE PERSON ATTEMPTING TO GET HER ATTENTION WHILE ALSO CLOSING HER LOCKER.

[Tomi]

Hey, hi, hello—! Oh, Venessa. I wasn't expecting you.

[Venssa]

Why not? I'm a sight for sore eyes this early in the morning.

[Tomi]

Don't worry, I got plenty of rest last night.

VENESSA POUTS AT TOMI'S REMARK.

[Venssa]

I see your wit is still needlelike.

[Tomi]

Don't tell me you weren't expecting it.

[Venessa]

Expectations, expectations. They really are weird, aren't they? Everybody hoping you'd be one way and you act the total opposite. It could be devastating to people to learn a person they thought was exceptional really falls short of the mark.

[Tomi]

What are you trying to say?

[Venessa]

You're known for your perfect attendance. As a matter of fact, there are days that you would get her before the janitors did. So, where have you been? What was up with all your absences?

[Tomi]

I don't mean to be rude, Venessa, but that's kinda personal.

[Venessa]