Shade#215 (S10): Ominous Opus

CUT TO: DIG SITE

EXT. DIG SITE- NIGHT

SHADE DODGES A COUPLE OF ENERGY BLASTS FROM CLAUDETTE AND TAKES COVER BEHIND A TREE.

[Shade]

So, what's your end game in all of this? Are you some glorified gofer?

[Claudette Cain]

Excuse you?

[Shade]

You heard me. Your working with the lamia but from what I've seen you're not much of a monster yourself. What did they promise you? I can promise you that it's not worth it.

[Claudette Cain]

Oh, please. I may be a field agent but I am by no means less than. We have big plans not just for this city but for the world. And they won't change because of some brat that doesn't know his place.

[Shade]

Brat? Lady, do you know who you're talking to?

[Claudette Cain]

No one of consequence. I mean look at you cowering behind a tree. It really is quite sad to know that I'm this powerful that the annoying Shade won't fight me like a man.

[Shade]

You want an air pump? It'll get that ego inflated a lot quicker.

[Claudette Cain]

Insolent child!

SHADE LOOKS OVER TO WHERE HIS FRIENDS ARE AND SEE THAT EVERYONE IS PASSED ON THE GROUND.

[Shade]

(Thinking)

That's not a good sign. I have to get over there and get that book.

[Claudette Cain]

You know, while you're on your crusade to fight for the commoners, I could cut you deal and fold you over into our ranks. In the new world, you'll want for nothing. Everything you could ever possibly imagine would be at an arms reach. Money, possessions, women, panaceas; you name it, it could be yours. What do you say?

[Shade]

Sounds like I would end like most of the spoiled brats around this school. Besides, if I really wanted to I could get all of that on my own. The women part might be a little more difficult but it would still be doable. You're not gonna screw up the world however you'd like, not while I'm around.

[Claudette Cain]

Is that so?

CLAUDETTE MAKES THE TREE AND THE DIRT GRAB HOLD OF SHADE. SHE THEN PICKS A MANHOLE COVER AND MAKES IT SUPER THIN THEN CHARGES IT WITH MAGICAL ENERGY. SHADE LOOKS BACK BEHIND HIM TO SEE WHAT CLAUDETTE IS DOING.

[Claudette Cain]

Well, maybe it's time for you to not be around anymore.

CLAUDETTE THROWS THE MANHOLE COVER AT SHADE AND AT THE LAST SECOND SHADE CREATES A SHADOW CLONE THAT TAKES HIS PLACE. THE MANHOLE COVER SLASHES THROUGH THE TREE LIKE BUTTER AND SHADE TAKES OUT HIS LIGHT WEAPON. CLAUDETTE CAIN THEN BEGINS TO CONTROL THE MANHOLE COVER TRYING MULTIPLE TIMES TO SLICE SHADE WITH IT. SHADE DODGES THE MANHOLE COVER MULTIPLE TIMES BEFORE CHANGING HIS LIGHT WEAPON INTO AN AXE AND USING IT TO SLICE THE MANHOLE COVER IT TWO. THE PIECES ZIP BY SHADE ON EACH SIDE OF HIM AND HEAD TO WHERE CLAUDETTE IS. CLAUDETTE IS ABLE TO BLAST THE FIRST PIECE WITH AN MAGICAL BLAST BUT THE SECOND ONE CUTS HER ACROSS THE STOMACH. CLAUDETTE FALLS ONTO THE GROUND AND SHADE WALKS OVER TO WHERE SHE IS.