Shade#266 (S13): Mental picture

CUT TO: MIDTOWN DISTRICT

EXT. HOSPITAL - NOON

TORIA AND MICAELA ARRIVE ON THE FLOOR OF THE HOSPITAL THAT SAMPSON IS, STEPPING OFF THE ELEVATOR THEN PROCEED TO WALK TOWARDS HIS ROOM.

[Micaela]

From what I heard, this guy looked like he was in a car wreck. You think that he'll have any useful info for us?

[Toria]

I'm not sure. I'm hoping so. This attack was random and it's not fitting any other MO's of past metahumans or people that we know about. Jacob is still hitting the streets seeing what he can find. Hearing it from the horse's mouth might be the best bet. 

TORIA AND MICAELA MAKE IT TO SAMPSON'S ROOM AS A NURSE STOPS THEM.

[Nurse#1]

Can I help you two?

[Toria]

Yes, I'm Toria Anderson and this is Micaela Carios. We're both detectives from the BRPD. We received word that Mr. Shultis was awake and was willing to give us a little bit of information.

[Nurse#1]

Oh, okay. Um, he's still having some pains from his injuries and I don't know if it's the drugs or what but he seems a lot nicer with the male nurses than the female nurses. Just a heads up.

[Micaela]

Thanks.

THE NURSE WALKS AWAY, TORIA GIVES MICAELA A LOOK OF "OH, MAN", THEN THE TWO ENTER THE ROOM. AS THEY ENTER THEY SEE SAMPSON LAID UP IN HIS BED WATCHING A GAME SHOW.

[Toria]

Mr. Shultis?

[Sampson]

Who's askin'?

[Toria]

We're detectives with the BRPD. We were coming in to ask you some questions about the incident that you were involved in.

[Sampson]

Incident, huh? That's all that PC bullcrap talk that they've filled your heads with? I was attacked. Did you know that?

[Toria]

I'm aware. I can also see that you're more irritable than I thought so I'll just get to the chase. What happened? Who did this to you?

[Sampson]

...Did they find out where that ungrateful brat of a stepdaughter ran off to?

[Miceala]

We're looking for her right now. What does that have to do with anything?

[Sampson]

I just hope that the court throws the book at her for whatever they can. She was told not to leave the house again. She's always trying to get out of her responsibilities. None of this would have happened if it wasn't for her.

[Toria]

I think we should get back to the topic at hand. You were attacked, we know that much. What we don't know is by what.

[Sampson]

By some punk kid who can turn himself into a monster. If you get a sketch artist in her, I can tell you what he looked like. I'll never forget the way his face twisted as he turns into that... thing he was.

[Micaela]

Why did he attack you?

[Sampson]

...Celeste was attempting to just come and go as she pleases and I attempted to restrain her. However, she got away from me, left the apartment and I tried to catch her I ran into him. He stopped me, told me that I needed to let Celeste go and when I refused he attacked me.