Shade#247 (S12): Contracting

CUT TO: SHADOWLANDS

EXT. SHADOWLANDS - NIGHT

SHADE AND OBADIAH SIT OUTSIDE THE SHACK LOOKING AT THE SKY AND EATING CHARLIE HAMBURGERS.

[Shade]

I really do hope that this makes up for the lost time. It's just that I've been really busy.

[Obadiah]

Well, I don't not like that you haven't visited in a while but yeah this does make up for it. What did you say this restaurant was called again?

[Shade]

Charlie's. They're the best!

[Obadiah]

A lot different than what I'm used to that's for sure.

[Shade]

Is it the grease?

[Obadiah]

While I'll admit, it is kind of like an oil spill my burgers did have their fair share of grease. I just don't think that they were as good.

[Shade]

Well, I'll swing by more often and let you try something else when I get the chance.

[Obadiah]

That would be fantastic.

[Shade]

Do you have any book genres that you want to try?

[Obadiah]

I've always been a fan of mystery novels. Anything like that would be fine.

[Shade]

My library allows me to check out up to 200 books.

[Obadiah]

I don't think that I would need that many. Maybe 10 at a time would do.

[Shade]

That seems more reasonable.

SHADE AND OBADIAH FINISH EATING AND SIT TOGETHER LOOKING UP AT THE SKY.

[Obadiah]

You know, before you came along, I thought that I was going to die alone. That no one would know where I was or what happened to me.

THERE IS AN AWKWARD SILENCE BETWEEN THE BOTH  OF THEM.

[Obdiah]

I guess what I mean is thanks for not forgetting about me.

[Shade]

You know I got your back. I'll check back in with you later.

[Obadiah]

Looking forward to it. See you around.

[Shade]

See you.

SHADE OPENS A PORTAL, WALKS THROUGH IT AND THE PORTAL CLOSES BEHIND HIM. OBADIAH THEN WALKS BACK INTO HIS SHACK, TURNS OFF THE LIGHT, AND TURNS IN FOR THE NIGHT.

CUT TO: THE NEXT DAY, PRISON

EXT. PRISON - MORNING

AN INMATE WALKS INTO DR. VINSON'S OFFICE AND SITS DOWN ON THE COUCH. DR. VINSON FLIPS TO A NEW PAGE, CLICKS HER PEN, AND LOOKS AT THE INMATE.

[Dr. Vinson]

It's been a while. How are you?

[Inmate]