Shade#245 (S12): Killer Queen

CUT TO: ABANDONED GALAXY VICE, MID-TOWN DISTRICT

EXT. BACK ENTRANCE - NIGHT

SHADE ARRIVES AT THE ABANDONED GALXY VICE SNATCHES THE DOOR KNOB OFF TO OPEN THE DOOR. CHECKING TO MAKE SURE THE COAST IS CLEAR SHADE LOCATES CARTER  WHO IS STANDING IN A CORNER AND BEGINS TO APPROACH HIM.

[Shade]

Carter Hurst? Hey, are you okay? Look, man, don't do anything crazy alright? I'm not trying to hurt you but I will.

CARTER IS UNRESPONSIVE AND AS SHADE TURNS HIM AROUND HE NOTICES THAT HIS EYES ARE GLOWING AND HE LOOKS BEATEN UP.

[Shade]

Whoa.

CARTER THEN BRANDISHES A KNIFE AND ATTEMPTS TO STAB SHADE BUT SHADE KICKS HIM IN THE CHEST. CARTER STUMBLES BACK INTO THE WALL, YELLS, AND ATTEMPTS TO STAB SHADE AGAIN BUT SHADE DODGES HIS ATTACKS.

[Shade]

Carter, whatever is going on, I'm gonna need you to fight it or you're gonna wake up with an even bigger headache.

CARTER CONTINUES TO SWIPE AT SHADE.

[Shade]

(Thinking)

It's no use. He can't hear me. I don't have any other choice but to take him down.

CARTER YELLS AS HE TRIES TO STAB SHADE BUT SHADE CATCHES HIM ARM. SHADE THEN SHOOTS A SANDCLOT HITTING CARTER IN THE CHEST, SPINS HIM AROUND, AND THROWS HIM INTO A WALL WHICH KNOCKS HIM OUT.

[Shade]

Well, at least I found him. I should call Toria and let her know about this.

SHADE TAKES OUT HIS PHONE AND CALLS TORIA.

[Toria]

What's going on?

[Shade]

It's Carter. I've found him.

[Toria]

Is he dead? Where are you?

[Shade]

The abandoned Galaxy Vice in Mid-Town. He's not dead but he was under some kind of trance, his eyes were glowing and he's also been beaten quite a lot. I knocked him out and I'm not sure if it snapped him out of it or not. I'm going to tie him up just so that you don't have to deal with him once you get here.

[Toria]

Well, at least he's alive. Is there anything else?

[Shade]

Yeah, he's also got words cut into him. Like loser and perv. I don't know if he did this to himself or if someone else did it to him. But I do know one thing, someone is either trying to frame Diamintina or she's the one behind this.

[Toria]

Are you sure that you can say that with assurance?

[Shade]

I watched a video interview and she stated that one of her favorite places to shop as a kid was Galaxy Vice. That can't just be happenstance. I need to find out who our mystery culprit is after next. Oh and please for the love of God get a warrant to get those pictures. It's leverage if she hasn't already gotten to them.

[Toria]

I'm going to do what I can. Right now I need to recover Carter.

[Shade]

Yeah. He'll be tied up and waiting for you.

[Toria]

Thanks.