Shade#259 (S12): Relent

CUT TO: YORKWOOD

INT. DRAY'S HOUSE - NIGHT

SHADE WALKS OUT OF A PORTAL INTO HIS ROOM. HE THEN POWERS DOWN OUT OF HIS SHADOW SUIT AND WALKS DOWNSTAIRS. AS HE WALKS INTO THE LIVING ROOM, TORIA FRIGHTENED THROWS A PILLOW AT DRAY HITTING HIM IN THE FACE.

[Toria]

Ah!!

[Dray]

Ow, what the hell?

[Toria]

Where the hell have you been?!

[Dray]

Well, that's quite a welcome.

[Toria]

Don't joke! I saw you on the news, I saw you lose that fight!

[Dray]

Things have been worse Toria.

[Toria]

Stop. Look, remembering everything that's happened. Are you really expecting me to be okay after you'd probably had died?

[Dray]

But I'm not and everything is okay.

[Toria]

You're saying that I'm not supposed to feel worried about you? What was I supposed to tell everyone if you never came back?

[Dray]

That's not what I'm saying. Look, I understand the frustration but things are getting out of hand.

[Toria]

You think?

[Dray]

Briggs is Noman.

[Toria]

...Can you prove that? I mean how the hell is that even possible?

[Dray]

Obadiah looked at my wounds. He drew me this picture and I went to go look at Hunter's wounds and they were the same. Even if it's not Briggs, he's hired someone to come after me or made some kind of deal with the devil or something like that. There's just too much that points to him, how he's rallied ex-cops to his fighting force, the people that he's gone after, and me.

[Toria]

Okay, let's just say that for a second Briggs is Noman. What do we do from there?

[Dray]

I don't want Noman to know that I'm back just yet. However, with Noman's men running the streets, this could turn into another big dumpster fire. It is a matter of time for the right conditions to happen and if it really hits, this is going to be very difficult to stop. It just has to hit the right way. Someone needs to light a fire under Elder's ass to hit these ex-cops while they're still conspicuous and hit them hard. I'll work on figuring out what Briggs is up to.

[Toria]

Briggs is still in jail. He could have left at any time and he hasn't. It could mean that he either can't or he doesn't want to. Either way, it could be easy pickings all the same. However, if you go there and Briggs catches wind as to what you're up to it could send his timeline out of wack. He could move to more drastic measures if you're not careful.

[Dray]

What do you have in mind?

[Toria]

We need someone who isn't you but that we could trust to look into what Briggs is doing. Even if it's just to check if he's still there.