Shade#220 (S10): Make a wish

CUT TO: DOWNTOWN

EXT. DOWNTOWN- NIGHT

SHADE CARRIES CYREUS OVER HIS SHOULDERS TO WHERE THE LEVIATHANS HAVE CLAUDETTE IN CUSTODY. SHADE SITS CYREUS DOWN AND A LARGE GROUP OF BYSTANDERS BEGIN TO CONGREGATE AROUND THEM. SHADE SEES THE NITE OWLS IN THE MIX AND TAKES OUT HIS PHONE. SHADE TEXTS MIKEY AND THE GROUP TO GET OUT OF THE CROWD AND HE WILL EXPLAIN LATER. WHEN THE NITE OWLS RECEIVE THE MESSAGE, THEY LEAVE. 

[Mikey]

Come on, guys let's go.

SHADE SEES THE GROUP LEAVING THEN TURNS TO THE LEVIATHANS.

[Shade]

Can you guys get in contact with Fascination?

[Uuber]

Already ahead of you.

SUDDENLY A PORTAL OPENS AND FASCINATION WALKS OUT OF A PORTAL AND COMES TO WHERE THE GROUP IS.

[Fascination]

So, Shade, you asked for help. I didn't think I would ever see the day. I'm proud of you.

[Shade]

Well, the situation called for it. I guess it wasn't that bad having a little help here and there.

A POLICE OFFICER WALKS OVER TO WHERE SHADE AND FASCINATION ARE.

[Police Officer#1]

Alright, we can take it from here.

[Shade]

I don't think that you want to do that.

[Police Officer#1]

What do you mean? We have to take that freak in.

[Shade]

Look, Fascination has talked to Commissioner Reed before about handling mystical threats like these two. Given the circumstances, you have to let him deal with it.

[Police Officer#1]

What? Alright, I don't care who they think they are, but you're not just about to walk away with our suspect! There are checks and balances that we all have to adhere to. And right now, I can't exactly get the commissioner's word on this so I have to take them in.

[Shade]

Hey, this is magic we're talking about here! If you think just a regular old prison is going to hold him then you have another thing coming. And what do you mean you can't get the commissioner's word, just call him. I'm sure someone has his number.

A BYSTANDER MUSCLES HIS WAY PAST SOME POLICEMAN AND RUNS OVER TO WHERE CYREUS IS. HE PULLS HIS KNIFE OUT AND ATTEMPTS TO STAB CYREUS BUT FASCINATION TURNS HIS KNIFE INTO SAND.

[Fascination]

Sorry, but I can't let that happen.

SECONDS LATER THE COPS GRAB THE MAN AND START TO DRAG HIM AWAY.

[Bystander#1]

What are you doing? Let me go! That freak isn't human! It's a monster! Kill it! Are you really going to stand by and let it attack again? Look around! Look at all the destruction that it's caused! Let me go! It's not human! We have a right to kill it!

THE POLICE DRAG THE RANTING BYSTANDER AWAY AND SUDDENLY THE CROWD BEGINS TO GET ROWDY.

[Bystander#2]

Kill that thing!

[Bystander#3]

What's the point of you being a vigilante if you're not going to do what you need to! We don't have time for the city to be destroyed every single week!