Shade#260 (S12): Scope

CUT TO: ANGELWOOD HIGH SCHOOL

EXT. ANGELWOOD - MORNING

ANTOINETTE WALKS INTO HER SCIENCE CLASS, TAKES HER SEAT, AND TAKES OUT SOME OF HER NOTEBOOKS. DRAY THEN WALKS INTO CLASS AND SITS DOWN BESIDE HER. ANTOINETTE NOTICES DRAY, TAKES A SECOND TO PROCESS THE INFORMATION THEN FREAKS OUT AND PUNCHES HIM IN THE ARM.

[Dray]

Hey!

[Antoinette]

What the hell do you mean hey?

(Under her breath)

I thought you were dead! I tried calling you and everything. Where have you been?

[Dray]

(Under his breath)

Taking a break oddly enough.

[Antoinette]

(Under her breath)

Don't joke around. I saw you lose that fight and—!

[Dray]

(Under his breath)

It's fine. That was a really bad day.

AUTUMN COMES INTO CLASS AND TAKES HER SEAT. AUTUMN THEN TURNS AROUND TO FACE DRAY AND ANTOINETTE.

[Autumn]

Hey, are you feeling any better?

[Dray]

What do you mean?

[Autumn]

Antoinette said that you weren't feeling well and that's why you weren't here yesterday.

[Dray]

Yeah, I tried this new restaurant that sprang up on University and I got food poisoning. I should have known better but my eyes talked my stomach into it.

[Autumn]

Yeah, that sucks. So many people try and start restaurants over there and they just never seem to work out. I'm glad you're feeling better.

[Dray]

Yeah, I'm am. Thanks.

AUTUMN TURNS TO FACE FORWARD AND ANTOINETTE LEANS IN CLOSE TO DRAY.

[Antoinette

(Under her breath)

I want to know everything!

[Dray]

(Under his breath)

Don't worry. I'll tell you everything after school.

CUT TO: MAIN STREET CREATIVE CORRIDOR DISTRICT

EXT. MAIN STREET - LATE MORNING

A MAN IN A WHEELCHAIR WAVES A BELL IN THE AIR WHILE YELLING. SEVERAL CARS IN BOTH DIRECTIONS ARE BACKED UP BECAUSE OF THIS AND THE MAN CONTINUES TO GET IN THE WAY WHEN ONE OF THEM TRIES TO PASS.

[Crazy Man]

Y'all need to learn to have some human decency!

[Driver#1]

(From vehicle)

Hey, get the hell out of the road!

[Crazy Man]

No!! Whatever happened to helping your neighbor? You people roll through her every damn day in your cars and trucks and you can't ever even spare a penny? Y'all are some stingy mother truckers! Y'all need to learn to share the wealth with the people that need it!