Shade#256 (S12): Olly Olly oxen free

CUT TO: DOWNTOWN DISTRICT

INT. COMMISSIONER ELDER'S OFFICE - AFTERNOON

HENRY MERRITT, AUBREE, AND MR. BLEVINS SIT ACROSS FROM COMMISSIONER ELDER IN HIS OFFICE.

[Henry Merrit]

So, I just want to clarify, my clients will have total, 100% immunity to speak freely, and nothing that she says will be used against her in any way.

[Commissioner Elder]

That's is what I'm saying yes. I believe that Miss Blevins has information that will help us get ahead of the curve of an upcoming dilemma that we will be facing in the adjoining future. Please tell us what happened the night you were rescued from the people who kidnapped you at the furniture store.

AUBREE GETS A LOOK OF SUPPORT FROM HER FATHER AND TAKES A SHARP BREATH.

[Aubree Blevins]

Alright, the night that I was rescued it was a metahuman and it wasn't me. He killed everyone who was there except for one guy. He whispered something into the ear of the last guy and let him go. He also gave me a phone from one of the guys he killed so that I could call the police.

[Commissioner Elder]

But what was his name?

[Aubree Blevins]

That's just the thing and you're really going to probably hate for this next part but it's the truth. This guy, he told me that I could only tell Shade that I'd seen him. He didn't issue any threats after that but I wanted to be on the safe side and only told Shade and he figured out this guy's name before I even did. If you want to more about the mystery man, then you're going to want to talk with Shade.

COMMISSIONER ELDER SIGHS.

[Commissioner Elder]

Christ. Thank you for your time, I'll look into it.

[Henry Merritt]

Then we'll be leaving now.

HENRY MERRITT, MR. BLEVINS AND AUDREE LEAVE COMMISSIONER ELDER'S OFFICE.

CUT TO: JOHN BARROW DISTRICT

EXT. HALLWAY - AFTERNOON

DRAY GOES TO HIS LOCKER AND BEGINS PUTTING HIS BOOKS AWAY WHEN SOME OF HIS WOUNDS FROM THE FIGHT WITH NOMAN BECOME IRRITATED. NEAR HIS SIDE, THE WOUND THAT WAS ALREADY SHOWING SIGNS OF REOPENING BEGIN TO SHOW MORE WITH A BLOOD SPOT SHOWING THROUGH HIS SHIRT. DRAY IS APPROACHED BY AUTUMN WHO SEES WHAT'S HAPPENING.

[Autumn]

Hey, are you alright?

[Dray]

Oh, yeah, I'm good it's nothing to worry about. I was helping my uncles move my grandma's glass table and one side has a jagged edge. We took a turn a little too quick and this happened. It's a lot worse than it looks.

[Autumn]

If you say so but it does look really bad. You should probably go meet a professional for that. And did you have that bruise on your face the last time that I saw you?

[Dray]

No, you see one of my cousins is an aspiring MMA fighter and a bit of a jerk so we spar sometimes and he decked me one.

[Autumn]

Was this before or after you moved the table?

[Dray]

Before. The timeline of events was really screwy yesterday.

[Autumn]

Yeah. I was told by Antoinette that you wrote for the school paper. I checked out the article about the game that was at the memorial and it was really good.