Shade#250 (S12): Stonewall victim

CUT TO: DOWNTOWN DISTRICT, POLICE DEPARTMENT

EXT. INTERVIEW ROOM - MORNING

THE GIRL WHO WAS KIDNAPPED SITS IN AN INTERVIEWING ROOM ACROSS FROM A FEMALE OFFICER WHO HANDS HER A WATER BOTTLE.

[Female Cop]

Would you like some water, Aubree?

[Aubree]

Yeah, thanks.

[Female Cop]

I know all of this must be exhausting and scary but I want you to know that you're in good hands.

AUBREE LOOKS AT THE TWO WAY MIRROR. OUTSIDE THE INTERVIEWING ROOM, COMMISSIONER ELDER STANDS WITH A COUPLE OF OTHER COPS.

[Cop#1]

So she's the girl we found in the sea of bodies?

[Commissioner Elder]

Yeah, it was a blood bath. The security cameras were turned off so they might have known someone who worked at the store.

[Cop#2]

Don't tell me Shade's finally snapped.

[Commissioner Elder]

From what she said, she made it clear that Shade wasn't the one responsible but I'm not so sure. A girl like her is likely to have been under a lot of stress, she couldn't have been thinking straight. Maybe it wasn't Shade or maybe she's just not talking to protect him because she feels guilty ratting him out. I wish that I got a couple of minutes to take to her, make her talk.

[Cop#1]

Micaela's really good at connecting with girls. If anyone can get her to talk, I'm sure she'll be able to do it.

BACK IN THE INTERVIEWING ROOM, AUBREE TAKES A SIP OF HER WATER.

[Aubree]

Has someone told my dad that I'm here?

[Micaela]

Yes, we've notified him.

[Aubree]

Do you know what my dad does for a living?

[Micaela]

No, but if you'd like to tell me, you can.

[Aubree]

My dad is the inventor of Siloprine and he works for QCA pharmaceuticals. He's busy most of the time and I don't get to see him a lot. The company lied about how much they were going to sell the drug for hiking the price to 150%. A lot of people were mad about that.

[Micaela]

Are you saying that's the reason you think you were kidnapped?

[Aubree]

Yeah.

[Micaela]

Aubree, all the men who were there were dead when the police arrived. Responders said that you hadn't mentioned that to them over the phone.

[Aubree]

I—

[Micaela]

You don't have to explain yourself. However, we do want to know what happened there. The was no camera footage and the only person who could have seen what happened was you. Can you tell me what happened?

[Aubree]

I... there was—!

SUDDENLY TWO MEN BURST INTO THE ROOM.