Shade#285 (S14): Actin' out

CUT TO: DOWNTOWN DISTRICT

EXT. DOWNTOWN - NIGHT

SHADE STANDS ACROSS FROM THE WOMAN WHO STANDS ON THE LEDGE OF THE BUILDING.

[Shade]

You sure do know how to make an entrance.

[???]

You didn't answer my question. Come on, don't be rude.

[Shade]

No. No, I do not.

[???]

That's funny. You see, when I was younger my grandmother used to babysit me, and every day she would watch soap operas which I abhorred. However, everything started to change when I figured out what she saw in them. It was the payoff!

[Shade]

Okay, what's going on here?

[???]

You don't get it? Let me put it this way then. If you help a friend reveal that their partner has been cheating on them, don't you feel good seeing that flurry of emotion over the cheating bastard's face?

[Shade]

I mean I guess.

[???]

No, you know the feeling. I bet you're glad when you bust one of those rich money grubbers, aren't you? Or kicking the tar out of a car thief.

[Shade]

What does this have to do with anything? Who are you?

[???]

Oh, I haven't introduced myself yet have I? My name is Crisis.

[Shade]

Alright, Crisis. What do you want?

[Crisis]

Oh, I want to see a lot of drama unfold. I really, really do.

[Shade]

Oh my gosh. This is just what I needed.

[Crisis]

Don't be so glum. This is going to be fun. Especially since I was hired to do it.

[Shade]

Look, whatever you're thinking about doing it's not worth it.

[Crisis]

There's no going back now. Everything is already set in motion. What happens now is up to you.

[Shade]

What are you talking about?

[Crisis]

You'll see soon enough. Toodaloo!

CRISIS JUMPS OFF THE ROOF OF THE BUILDING AND USES A WINGSUIT TO GLIDE AWAY.

[Shade]

(Thinking)

Great, this is exactly what I need.

SHADE TRAVERSES THE CITY UNTIL HE REACHES TORIA'S LOCATION. SEEING TORIA IN FRONT OF A BUILDING HE DOESN'T RECOGNIZE, SHADE FINDS A PLACE TO POWER OUT OF HIS SHADOW SUIT AND MEETS WITH TORIA AT THE ENTRANCE.

[Dray]

What're we doing here?

[Toria]

This used to be the Main Street mall. Unfortunately, it was bought and revamped to be an office building.

[Dray]

So we can just chill in there?

[Toria]

They have a food court. It's discreet enough.