Shade#204 (S10): Scouting

CUT TO: DOWNTOWN

EXT. ROOFTOP- AFTERNOON

SHADE, DIANA, ELIJAH, TAMI, AND ERIN ALL WALK OUT OF A PORTAL AND ONTO A ROOFTOP DOWNTOWN. THE PORTAL CLOSES BEHIND THEM AND SHADE SITS ON A AIR CONDITIONER.

[Tami]

So, what's the reason that you dragged us all the way out here?

[Shade]

I ran into your ghost last night. It's definitely real. I couldn't risk it overhearing anything that I'm about to talk with you about.

SHADE PULLS THE FLASH DRIVE OUT OF HIS POCKET AND SHOWS IT TO THE GROUP.

[Shade]

I found this in one of the rooms in the museum. It's got a lot of information on it, including a portrait that has the ghost in it. She was still alive, of course, but she seems to be standing behind another woman in the portrait. Unfortunately, the portrait is damaged and I couldn't make out who the other woman was.

[Diana]

Do you think it has anything to do with Cresswell?

[Shade]

I hadn't seen any information that would allow me to believe so. For right now, I think it's safe to assume that this is someone else. I don't know what they want but rest assured that I'm going to find out. There was also a lot more information about monsters.

[Erin]

What do you mean monsters?

[Shade]

One of the monsters in the files was a manticore. I fought it last night.

[Erin]

A manticore? You can't be serious.

[Shade]

You're talking to a living shadow. Why can't a manticore be real?

[Tami]

And I've seen a ghost.

[Erin]

Fine, fair enough.

[Diana]

Speaking of ghosts, how is that going?

[Tami]

Surprisingly enough, I haven't seen it at all recently.

[Shade]

That's strange.

[Elijah]

You don't think that it could be trying to keep itself secret, do you?

[Shade]

I'm not sure. But I'm going to have to go back to the museum. I need to see who owns this flash drive. After that, there might be some way to get clarity on the situation. And the idea that the ghost would try to keep itself a secret is interesting. The only question is why. I feel like there might be something that it's looking for and it thinks that you have it. Oddly enough, it didn't seem to shy when I went to the museum. Tami, could you guys keep me posted about whether or not the ghost shows up in the next couple of days?

[Tami]

Yeah, sure thing.

[Erin]

If it doesn't show up, what will that tell you?

[Shade]

It'll give us some room to think. If it thinks that you have something that it wants and it wants to keep itself hidden then that must mean that it has something to lose. I don't know how to capture a ghost but I know some guys who might be able to show me how. We capture the ghost and we can get it to tell us everything we want to know.