Shade#284 (S14): What's the word?

CUT TO: WEST BEDROCK DISTRICT

INT. TOMI'S HOUSE - AFTERNOON

TOMI SITS IN HER LIVING ROOM WATCHING TV. AMERETH SITS ON THE COUCH BESIDE TOMI AND NUDGES HER.

[Amereth]

Hey, there kiddo.

[Tomi]

Hey, what's up?

[Amereth]

Nothing much. I just feel like we haven't talked in a while. I noticed recently something had been troubling you. However, you got a lot of pep back in your step a few days ago.

TOMI LOOKS GLOOMILY AWAY TOWARD THE TV.

[Amereth]

Don't clam up. Come on, use your words.

TOMI LOOKS AT AMERETH WITH A SLIGHTLY VEXED AND UNCERTAIN EXPRESSION. TOMI SIGHS AND THEN LOOKS AT AMERETH WITH AN CONFIDENT EXPRESSION.

[Tomi]

I... drank Dray's blood.

[Amereth]

Oh. I'm surprised that you were comfortable enough to do something like that again.

[Tomi]

Trust me, if there was anyone who was shocked, it was me. I charmed him, he doesn't seem to remember anything. The next day though, he just looked so tired. Not at all himself. I went to his job with him to make sure he stayed awake.

[Amereth]

Do you regret it?

[Tomi]

Of course, I do. I wish that I could just tell him.

[Amereth]

You're not using his affections against him, are you?

[Tomi]

No, I'm not that type of person. If I didn't like him like that, I would have told him. I know I didn't hurt him that much but what made me feel even worse was that when I told dad, he seemed to be... overjoyed.

[Amereth]

You do realize that your father is a vampire, right?

[Tomi]

Yes, but...—!

[Amereth]

You were hoping that he would make you feel at least a little guilty about it?

[Tomi]

Yes, exactly.

[Amereth]

Tomi, I don't want to do that specifically because it would be superficial. The choice was yours to make and you have to live with that. I think a better question should be what drove you back into that desire especially when you were so closed off to it before?

[Tomi]

It had to be Hemic. Her blood magic was getting to me even when I was fighting her. It took me everything I had not to rave. When everything was over, I thought it would go away but I started having dreams about... Kuba.

[Amereth]

Oh, I'm sorry Tomi.

[Tomi]

No... I'll be fine. I swore to myself that I would never let anything like that happen again. I meant it too.

TOMI CHUCKLES WHILE LOOKING TOWARD THE TV.

[Amereth]

What's so funny?